Is this a problem?

socoalt

WKR
Uukha Selena bottom limb. I have been shooting it for 6 mos. The bow shoots straight and tunes. I just noticed this blemish today, and I don’t know if it’s new. The mark is not on the top limb. Crazy that I haven’t seen it before.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 72

TX_Diver

WKR
That would get my attention for sure...

There were some other members who had issues with the Selenga limbs. Not sure if that's similar to their problems or not.

Which side of the limb is it on? Side closest to you?

zbb

FNG
Honestly that looks like the carbon is starting to lift and separate. I would get ahold of Uukha before I drew that bow back again.

Curious, just based on where you quiver is, is that blemish or crack starting at the end of a wedge?

OP
S

socoalt

WKR
That would get my attention for sure...

There were some other members who had issues with the Selenga limbs. Not sure if that's similar to their problems or not.

Which side of the limb is it on? Side closest to you?
Yeah on the closest side

OP
S

socoalt

WKR
Ran it up to RMS Gear (Tom and Danny Clum) after my fellow roksliders feedback. Definitely a cracked limb and since I bought it there they warrantied it right away and set me up with a new pair they had in stock. Fortunately I am a 3 hour drive from them not super close but on a day off from work when I was pretty much just gonna shoot all day anyway not a terrible drive either.
I picked up a pack of Cutthroats and a back up string and was lucky enough to get some shooting tips from Tom and Dan themselves. All and all not a bad day.

Thanks roksliders for your feedback on the limb. And The group at RMS Gear, what a top notch shop all around!

TX_Diver

WKR
Ran it up to RMS Gear (Tom and Danny Clum) after my fellow roksliders feedback. Definitely a cracked limb and since I bought it there they warrantied it right away and set me up with a new pair they had in stock. Fortunately I am a 3 hour drive from them not super close but on a day off from work when I was pretty much just gonna shoot all day anyway not a terrible drive either.
I picked up a pack of Cutthroats and a back up string and was lucky enough to get some shooting tips from Tom and Dan themselves. All and all not a bad day.

Thanks roksliders for your feedback on the limb. And The group at RMS Gear, what a top notch shop all around!
They are solid and run a great shop!
Glad to hear the limbs got replaced easily!

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you had that remedied quickly. I had 2 different sets of Uukha limbs crack just like that. Keep an eye on your new set of limbs too.

Beendare

WKR
Will do. Kinda sucks that Uukha is having some issues.
Yeah, if you can feel the crack…its about to let go….don’t shoot it unless you want a limb tatoo in your forehead or face…..return or exchange.

I broke 2 sets of those- one top and one bottom limb- uukha has an issue with those for sure.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
Are you still shooting Uukha limbs?
I have one set of the Selenghas that I still shoot regularly And I’m trying to decide between those and the Nika limbs on my other riser. I think I get a little cleaner release from the conventional limbs over the Uukha...,but the Selenghas are a tiny bit faster.

The advantage to the selenghas is you can get the same arrow speed at lower poundage…but they do have manufacturing problems with those Possibly due to that extra performance.

I do check those Selenghas before every round, running my hand over them to check for cracks or imperfections. Having one of those snap at the curve and hit me in the cheek 2” below my eye reinforced that I need to check those Regularly.

OP
S

socoalt

WKR
I have one set of the Selenghas that I still shoot regularly And I’m trying to decide between those and the Nika limbs on my other riser. I think I get a little cleaner release from the conventional limbs over the Uukha...,but the Selenghas are a tiny bit faster.

The advantage to the selenghas is you can get the same arrow speed at lower poundage…but they do have manufacturing problems with those Possibly due to that extra performance.

I do check those Selenghas before every round, running my hand over them to check for cracks or imperfections. Having one of those snap at the curve and hit me in the cheek 2” below my eye reinforced that I need to check those Regularly

I do check those Selenghas before every round, running my hand over them to check for cracks or imperfections. Having one of those snap at the curve and hit me in the cheek 2” below my eye reinforced that I need to check those Regularly.
Good to know, I will definitely keep a closer eye on them. They are sweet limbs and definitely faster.

Beendare

WKR
Good to know, I will definitely keep a closer eye on them. They are sweet limbs and definitely faster.
It's a good habit to get into with any of these limbs, just run your fingers across them after each group.

Same with checking your carbons....when I get arrows that hit something hard..or another arrow....I flex those to check for cracks.

My buddy ran a carbon through his hand and has lost some of the nerves in his bow hand.

OP
S

socoalt

WKR
It's a good habit to get into with any of these limbs, just run your fingers across them after each group.

Same with checking your carbons....when I get arrows that hit something hard..or another arrow....I flex those to check for cracks.

My buddy ran a carbon through his hand and has lost some of the nerves in his bow hand.
How do you like the Nika compared to Uukha?

Beendare

WKR
Nika is a good conventional limb. Not as soft at FD as the Uukhas and a tiny bit slower....but they just might be quieter....the quiet on the Nika's is noticeable.

I doubt they are any better than something like the WNS C-5 at about $100 less...but I haven't compared those side by side as my WNS are much lower poundage.