Jacket Suggestion

I’m looking for a fairly light good quality jacket that is waterproof and wind proof. Not really looking for a straight shell but something with thin fleece lining on the inside for a little warmth.

I bought a Helly Hansen Crew Midlayer and it’s perfect except one thing. It’s about 6” too short.

PNWGATOR

WKR
You want one to do it all?

Personally, I’d recommend layers.

For what you’re after, I don’t have a recommendation.

Bump79

WKR
You're asking a lot. I'm assuming your looking for a whitetail jacket?

This one isn't light but meets your requirements.

A bit short of water and windoroof but I am happy with my Sitka jetstream. It blocks wind well and will handle a light rain.

not sure how tall you are but I am 6’3” and have monkey arms with 37” sleeves. It works for me.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
You want one to do it all?

Personally, I’d recommend layers.

For what you’re after, I don’t have a recommendation.

As above, I'd layer. More versatility all year round. I ditched the super warm and blizzard type jackets for layering. Currently run m5 by stone glacier and with layering it gets me way into late cow season in wyo. Also breathes really well in spring.

By layering late I don't mean much. Maybe a light puffy and a base layer. I'm pretty active though.

OP
K
Sorry, I should have been more clear, not looking for camo or hunting jacket. More so just an every day, light jacket, to use as a do-all outer layer that is waterproof and wind proof. Was hoping to use find something for a sightseeing trip to Iceland in September as the outer jacket.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Sorry, I should have been more clear, not looking for camo or hunting jacket. More so just an every day, light jacket, to use as a do-all outer layer that is waterproof and wind proof. Was hoping to use find something for a sightseeing trip to Iceland in September as the outer jacket.
That’s EASY!!!

Pick the Stone Glacier coat yiu like. It’s that easy. Skip the camo.

OP
K
So having a hard time making up my mind. I have a HH rain shell I could use, but would need to get a mid layer to work with it. I think I’d get more use out of the Jetstream though because I almost never need a rain shell.

What will be warmer, the rain shell with something like the nano puff or Atom LT? Or the Jetstream and shell when needed?