Javelin Bipod

Getting ready to buy a javelin bipod. Going with the long. What extensions should I get for antelope hunting in Wyoming and mountain hunting in the Rockies? Thinking 30 cm but willing to purchase a few sets to cover my needs

I have the long with I think the 60mm legs. I can shoot prone with the normal long legs, and sitting with the 60mm legs. Obviously torso height makes a difference when shooting sitting and whether you are shooting flat, up, or downhill. I'm 6' 2" for size reference.

I would try to sit down with with your gun and clamp your hand around something you can make a mark on for height off the ground. That that should get you close at least.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I have the long with I think the 60mm legs. I can shoot prone with the normal long legs, and sitting with the 60mm legs. Obviously torso height makes a difference when shooting sitting and whether you are shooting flat, up, or downhill. I'm 6' 2" for size reference.

I would try to sit down with with your gun and clamp your hand around something you can make a mark on for height off the ground. That that should get you close at least.
+1
CC.jpg

Awesome. Thanks. Have you been happy overall with the bipod?

Yes I have. I actually bought two of the bipods and have the one extra set of legs. My wife and boy hunt so we can both have one if separated. Also on day hunts or yote hunts I have packed both bipods. One with normal legs and one with the long legs. That way its fast whether I am going to shoot prone or sitting depending on terrain or vegetation.

Last year it worked out well like that on an elk hunt. I will pack them both this year on an antelope hunt for my boy. The area I hunted before I expect a sitting shot. But if possible its easier to be steady prone for him. So I'll have both ready for whatever opportunity arises.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Getting ready to buy a javelin bipod. Going with the long. What extensions should I get for antelope hunting in Wyoming and mountain hunting in the Rockies? Thinking 30 cm but willing to purchase a few sets to cover my needs

I am a Spartan Rep and will be happy to steer you in the right direction. My ideal setup would be a Pro Hunt long and the 30cm Pro Legs. This will allow you to use the bipod by itself or prone shots, or easily swap out the pro legs for seated shots

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you have any estimate on when the Valhalla bipods will be available.

I believe they will be shipping in the next two weeks! Go to this link and register your interest in the form on the right hand side to stay up to date. This is going to be an awesome product, and I can't wait to blast some varmints with it on my AR this summer!