Jet sled and cart combo?

Does anyone use the jet sled combo conversion cart, and if so, how do you like it? Or the jet sled with some other type of wheeled hauler that works well?

I have a homemade 2 wheeled cart that works well on most terrain with the exception of up hills or down steep hills where the weight is just too much on 2 wheels. And the other issue is the hub axles on my cart are 7/16 grade 5 bolts which have snapped a couple times, where now you have to unstrap the deer to replace the axle bolt, took me 3 hours to get my last deer out.

Want to go to a jet sled for up and down steep grades but want the cart feature also for the more favorable terrains, as most of my hunts are an hour or longer just walking to.

Although the features I'm interested in are definitely a Jet Sled, but a cart that is easy to transfer a deer in the sled off and on the cart as needed for different terrain. And would also want the sled to lock on the cart somehow? Not sure if something exists like this, or I might just buy a Jet Sled and make my own cart for it.

The conversion cart I saw for the Jet Sled just doesn't look like it would be very well balanced, weight of deer distributed when on the cart for a easier pull? And not so sure how easy the transfer of deer on sled, off and on cart would be, and if the sled locked on the cart? Thanks

Last edited:
This is my duck truck. Hawk cart works great on trail and through the woods, then use the sled when I get to the muck. Harbor freight tie down straps are critical. I cover miles and miles with this set up for waterfowl hunting but I’m sure it would work well for deer too.

IMG_4318.jpeg

OP
L
Thats interesting, could find a way to lock the sled to it, but only question the transfer of deer in the sled, on and off the cart several times?

In your opinion if you had say, a 180lb. deer in the sled, would it be easy sliding the sled with the deer in it off and on the cart? Just wasn't sure because of the 4-wheel design, that might hinder transferring the weighted down sled back and forth as needed, as a 2 wheeled cart would tilt easier for sliding the sled on and off? Thanks

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
Im not sure the sled is easier to pull than deer…

I have one we pull behind 4 wheeler. Want to get the biggest one and see how it floats an old guy.

Thats interesting, could find a way to lock the sled to it, but only question the transfer of deer in the sled, on and off the cart several times?

In your opinion if you had say, a 180lb. deer in the sled, would it be easy sliding the sled with the deer in it off and on the cart? Just wasn't sure because of the 4-wheel design, that might hinder transferring the weighted down sled back and forth as needed, as a 2 wheeled cart would tilt easier for sliding the sled on and off? Thanks
This cart pivots on the axle even with the 4 wheels so it’s easy to slide the sled onto the cart then strap it down. Make sure the weight is centered over the axle or you’ll be supporting weight on the handle. I’ve put a good bit of weight in my sled but never a deer

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
This is my duck truck. Hawk cart works great on trail and through the woods, then use the sled when I get to the muck. Harbor freight tie down straps are critical. I cover miles and miles with this set up for waterfowl hunting but I’m sure it would work well for deer too.

View attachment 624288
I noticed that you ran a lock pin below the handle tightening knobs. I made the exact same modification to my Hawk cart. The flimsiness of the handle staying secure was a major PIA before this. Combining the sled with cart is a great idea.

I noticed that you ran a lock pin below the handle tightening knobs. I made the exact same modification to my Hawk cart. The flimsiness of the handle staying secure was a major PIA before this. Combining the sled with cart is a great idea.
Yeah serious design flaw not to lock the handle in place. Had to drill out holes and run the lock pins through.

I love this set up for public ducking. I sometimes put a lot more stuff in there. You can load up in the backyard, put the handle end on your tailgate then lift the rear of the cart. It’ll slide right into your bed as the axle pivots. Pretty slick showing up to the duck areas and unloading the cart ready to go!

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
The sled is the best piece of gear I have added to my stash in years. Besides getting the deer out of the woods it makes car transport a breeze. Lift the whole sled on to a hitch rack and drive away. It also works as blood catcher when hanging in your garage and transporting chain saws etc around when working. Love mine!