Jim Scoutten RIP

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Dang, used to watch him all the time growing up. Sundays were about the only time any hunting/fishing was on the tube. Always had some good segments.

Stalker69

WKR
Didn't know his name ( never really pay any attention to names) but I do remember that saying at the end of the show. Man it's been years, sense I watched that. One of the few guys on TV that I enjoyed watching, sad to hear.

RIP. Jim would have been a good judge with his straight-forward demeanor and matter-of-fact delivery. He will be missed.

WKB

Lil-Rokslider
I met Jim at SHOT Show some years ago. Very personable and friendly gentleman willing to have a real conversation with a complete stranger. The shooting community lost a quiet giant.

Really hate to hear this. Does anyone know if this was an ongoing illness or just sudden?

OP
R
Really hate to hear this. Does anyone know if this was an ongoing illness or just sudden?
I have not heard anything other than what they had posted on social media. I have not found anything about an illness or if it was all of the sudden. I really enjoyed his show. His son has been more and more a part of the show the last few years and was in position to take it over although I am sure he didn't want to take it over so soon.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I loved watching him, a man with a wealth of firearm knowledge. I read he passed after a brief illness. RIP

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’d be curious to know how much of my love of firearms could be directly attributed to him and his Saturday morning show on TNN. I know it could never be calculated but what a loss to the outdoor community.

mgray34

FNG
I remember watching his show regularly. He did have a great voice for TV and Radio. He'll be missed.

I was in an airport in Detroit back in the late 90's and I heard his distinctive voice and I got up to go watch whatever TV he was on while I was waiting for my flight.

Lo and behold, it was him in person. I couldn't resist so I went up to shake his hand and tell him that I thought he had the greatest job on earth. He told me to sit down and talk with him for a while since we were on the same flight back to Nashville and we discussed my job (Engineer for Denso at the time) and all the cars and guns he was testing and why he was in Detroit and why I was there.

He was probably the most friendly TV/Movie personality I have ever met. A very genuine person.

RIP, Sir.