Jocko Wilink releasing 100% US Clothing line.

qb4life07

FNG
I think the fact that they have Kip Fulks coming in from creating UA and got Cam Hanes to leave UA means this is going to be top notch stuff. Sadly I personally won't be able to justify it to the ol' ball and chain haha

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
As long as it’s priced competitively, it should sell well. I’d try it just because it’s made in the USA.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
Uhhhh, not forloh. I’m not knocking forloh, I’ve not seen it or handled it. This is not the forloh thread though. I thought the video I just watched was about Origin?

jmillr1

WKR
I only brought it up bc people are all about 100 percent USA brands. Guess what there’s already one out there.

As long as it’s priced competitively, it should sell well. I’d try it just because it’s made in the USA.

I'm gonna sound like a fanboi here, but in my slow transition to all american made products, I've found Origin to be competively priced on their products. They're not the cheapest in their category but they're not the most expensive; and I think thats what their goal is. I have tried yet but I'd venture to say you can get a full outfit(shirt through shoes) for $500 from them

In my experience so far, they make a quality durable product

*edit

So i just checked out their stuff and its priced right in there with Kuiu, FL, and Sitka

Last edited:

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
If they offered solid colors I would consider. In the immortal words of Happy Gilmore..."If I saw myself in clothes like that I'd have to kick my own ass".
I was hoping for solids as well. Almost feel like someone will challenge me to a BJJ match if they see me in that camo and I've only had three classes over the last 14 years.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't worry too much about the camo patterns, the animals certainly don't.

Chipz

FNG
I'm gonna sound like a fanboi here, but in my slow transition to all american made products, I've found Origin to be competively priced on their products. They're not the cheapest in their category but they're not the most expensive; and I think thats what their goal is. I have tried yet but I'd venture to say you can get a full outfit(shirt through shoes) for $500 from them

In my experience so far, they make a quality durable product

*edit

So i just checked out their stuff and its priced right in there with Kuiu, FL, and Sitka
Just from what I've seen, it doesnt look like Origin is going all in on tech wear like Kuiu and the others. Just USA made versions of UA clothing. Origin had me pretty excited but I'm kinda disappointed at their current offerings.

bond111

FNG
Can he come across as anymore “bro” and tough guy alpha male. Kinda makes it easy to believe the reasons as to why UA told him to get lost
Quite a bit judgmental from someone on a message board…granted, I don’t know him, but do follow him on Instagram. He comes off as a genuine, humble guy. He could be deemed an alpha male for his leadership and work ethic. What’s wrong with being sure of oneself as long as you don’t treat people like shit?

Also, where did you see that UA told him to get lost?

As to Origin Field Explorer line, most everybody doesn’t have any of their stuff even in hand, so how can people dismiss it so easily? Shouldn’t the product in field speak for itself, rather than them going on & on and technical jargon? They have talked about some of that technical jargon if you keep up with them on IG.

I was lucky to get their Tetra Loc Lyte Jack Carr long sleeve shirt and have worn it once so far(as it arrived in the mail 3 days ago) and it felt like a well made breathable poly shirt. I will be taking it along with me for my first archery deer hunt in Missouri for the first 5 days of the season. I’ll gladly report back with how it does.

TheTone

WKR
Also, where did you see that UA told him to get lost?
He took a “sabbatical” at UA due to a bunch of issues with them partying on company cards, business trips to strip clubs and having an affair with a subordinate. From some articles out there I think the work environment was described as a frat house

bond111

FNG
He took a “sabbatical” at UA due to a bunch of issues with them partying on company cards, business trips to strip clubs and having an affair with a subordinate. From some articles out there I think the work environment was described as a frat house
I guess you can speculate on why he took a sabbatical, but I don’t see those reasons as to why he actually did, being addressed. I do see that he violated a company policy of having a relationship with a subordinate, and he stepped away from his role. The vast majority of companies have this policy, for very good & noble reasons, but that doesn’t mean that him having a relationship with another adult points to anything wrong.

I also don’t I don’t see any mention of any wrong doing by Kip in relation to the “frat house” environment, so you drawing parallels between the two are unjust.