Joe Rogan and Pot

rodney482

WKR
Im not hanging out with dopers or drunks. But I do listen to JR podcasts that are hunting related.. and enjoy them.

MattB

WKR
In the interest of conversation and especially civility (no need to name call or propagandize) what are everyone's thoughts on his mix as a burgeoning public voice for hunting and his very open position on cannabis?

I don't see how one position affects the other, so I could give 2 craps. Or maybe I couldn't give 2 craps - whichever takes less effort.

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don't care what others do as long as it's legal and isn't detrimental to my life or well being. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

Paradactal

Lil-Rokslider
I love Joe Rogan! I can guarantee this, no matter how many bong rips he takes on his podcast, I still have to go to work in the morning and will be scouting turkeys this weekend. In a few weeks, I will be set up on a flock Ive been watching for a month. In a few months, Ill be headed to Idaho watching the elk, hopefully. In April, I will get my annual 4.5% pay raise. In addition, Im shooting in my local 3d archery tourney in 2 weeks, and, in 2 days I get my new Glock 20 out of jail, (California 10 day wait time). My point to all this rambling, my life will not be affected one single bit from any of Joe Rogans doings, beliefs or rants. To each his own. I support him 100% and all people who choose to enjoy/benefit from a natural resource. Why? Because he can. I don't, because my work says I cant, and that's the only reason. I haven't rolled one up in 15 years, only because the set of rules I have to live by says I can't, and that's a shame. But, run the numbers all day long, Pot, Pills, or booze. Which is worse? I often wonder, what is a worse smell to a Mule deer, cigarettes or pot? I don't think Joe Rogan will ever give the hunting community a bad name for speaking up on his beliefs. You always have the ability to change the channel.

Stwrt9

WKR
he's got a huge reach and with that comes an advocacy for public lands that might sway people to take up a cause or backing for public lands that might not otherwise have been reached. so with that said who gives a shit about his stance on weed. it has its benefits medically which is a good thing.

just finished reading a vietnam battle book, the author spoke frankly about drugs and alcohol on the battle lines .he stated he would rather go into combat with someone who was high on maryjane than a drunk,
where did the word "assassin" come from.? not from a guy sitting in a stand over a trail waiting to whack something in rut.
seems like maryjane and bowhunting go hand in hand,so i would rather have somebody high than drunk in the forest anytime.
what about natives?
or i could tell you about when i had cancer....
fun thread!

Joe can do what he wants and I am glad he is on the side of public lands. The fact that MJ is illegal and demonized in our society is completely idiotic. Legalized, MJ would be a net positive to our society. From its medical and industrial uses to stopping this "war" against it that ruins so many lives and costs billions of taxpayer money. I find it absolutely amazing that someone will stand there with their beer or whatever or a cigarette and then talk down about someone that smokes MJ. We could go into the many political reasons its even illegal but that's not the point of this thread.

Rmauch20

WKR
It's good to have Joe on board.
As for marijuana let's leaglize it, tax it like alcohol and tobacco and move on.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't care what others want to do, it doesn't affect me and isn't my business to tell them how they ought to live their lives. I'm not their daddy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

charvey9

WKR
I had the chance to share a bear camp with Joe a few years ago when he was just getting into hunting. Not that I care what people do with their own time, but didn't see any drug use during the trip. On the very last night, after everyone had got their bears, we had a few beers around the campfire and listed to Joe tell stories and crack jokes about everything. Mostly making fun of himself and growing hunting skills.

Joe is awesome guy all-around, very down to earth, and as someone who does have to worry about public image for his livelihood I do respect his stance on hunting and public land. I'm sure he lost quite a few existing fans in the process, and gets hate mail every day.

As far as what someone does in their free-time, I could care less how they relax as long as it is done responsibly and safely. Same goes for alcohol, or whatever your vice happens to be.

Last edited:

Kilboars

WKR
I don't care what others want to do, it doesn't affect me and isn't my business to tell them how they ought to live their lives. I'm not their daddy.

Until they start setting up homes in your neighborhood as rehab centers and getting our tax dollars to rehabilitate these people. It's really just a scam for to legalize weed. I always vote no.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Until they start setting up homes in your neighborhood as rehab centers and getting our tax dollars to rehabilitate these people. It's really just a scam for to legalize weed. I always vote no.
I've never heard of anyone in rehab over weed and I'm against tax dollars paying for rehab at all, so this not really an applicable argument.

Reactions: lif

WKR
Wow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk