Joe Rogan and Pot

Let's not digress too far down the rabbit hole of substance abuse, most of us have gear habits that would astonish a drug addict. :D Thanks though, for everyone's input, it's interesting to see how culture can blend w/o too big of issues, the ever-present exception is the outlier on any far side of an argument or point of view.

Let's not digress too far down the rabbit hole of substance abuse, most of us have gear habits that would astonish a drug addict. :D Thanks though, for everyone's input, it's interesting to see how culture can blend w/o too big of issues, the ever-present exception is the outlier on any far side of an argument or point of view.
Hello my name is William Hanson and I'm a gear-aholic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This made me laugh. So, you are saying if you strip away everything someone has worked hard to accomplish, they are just an average Joe? Isn't that the truth with anyone?

That's like saying if you take away the talent, physical ability, superbowl rings, MVP trophies, and a supermodel wife Tom Brady is just another guy.

I think Joe's perspective is valuable. Not having the opportunity or interest to hunt growing up, he is getting into as an adult. I don't hold that against him. Growing up the way I did, and around so many people who hunted, it is something you take for granted until you spend time with someone who was not raised around that lifestyle. In fact, Joe was very interested in everything we did and why we did it while bear hunting. He was just trying to learn as much as he could about hunting, and from what I can tell he still is.

I don't agree with everything he says, but he brings an interesting conversation to the table that helps promote hunting to a new crowd. Even if those people may never actually go hunting, it will give them some perspective the next time they go to vote or weigh in on an anti hunting, trapping, or fishing agenda.

I agree fully. You don't have to strip anything away from me, I'm already Joe Average. Even though I know a hell of a lot more about hunting than Joe Rogan, I don't have an audience of 30 million people so I can give a person insight into the world of hunting that may never get that insight otherwise.

I don't give a shit if he doesn't like hunting turkeys. I don't either. I'd rather go catch largemouth bass. I do care that the average non-hunter has a little bit of exposure about what hunting really is, so they can make an educated vote at the ballot box when a citizen's initiative is out there that could damage hunting.

Haven't smoked in 5 years, but i love it! The choices for the kind of "High" you are into, are limitless. I have experimented with straight CBD, now, this is something that people should check out, especially if you take a lot of Advil, CBD is great for the same purpose.
Rogan knows some shit.

Yeah, you think they went straight to crack?

The first thing I ever smoked was a cigarette snagged from a friend's parent and the liquor cabinets weren't always locked... <- the real gateways

If people over use or abuse substances, it's a personality trait more than a characteristic of the substance. For example, I never cared for pain killers but I burried a couple friends over that garbage.

On the "gateway" note, I also believe that it is normal for people to be curious about how something will affect them and it is natural to consider/or practice experimenting. Where it goes from there is the key. The old "just say no" of the Regan days is more than an over-simplification of reality.

Last edited:
I had seizers when I was young. They were not often but they were to the point that I got a spinal tap during one. My gf did not believe I had to have a spinal tap (she is a nurse) till my mom told her it was true (she was the head nurse at a hospital before she retired).

Both my parents are mih older then me and HATE pot. But they cannot talk about the experience of me having seizers without getting emotional. They felt very helpless. I had to take very strong medicine and under go lots of testing till I was deemed OK. I can remember being so druged up as a 7-10 year old I would stare at the wall or paintings.

I dont care what anyone says Marijuana can prevent and protect against seizers. My parents would be 100% behind marijuana for seizers for sure. The side effects are not even close. I cannot get my CDL due to a history of seizers unless I underwent 10,000$ worth of testing again.

I think the one thing that would change anyones mind would be having to shove a seizer medicine up your uncounsciences childs ass to get them back again vs a drop under the toung or a spray of CBD in the nose.

Many parents using traditions seizer medicine literally have to do a forcefull Enima in their childs ass. Imagine denying marijuana to a parent forced to go thru that.

Being LE, I think it's a giant ass ache! I say keep it legal because it's not going away but do something about the folks making a killing on the sales from the 5 acre lot outside of town. It's an eyesore, drives the housing market up, and they should be taxed like every other worker out there.

Make it like tobacco and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They more than likely started off with alcohol, like 99.999% of the junkies, crack heads, etc. That would be my guess.

Can't buy weed, crack or coke at a convenience store. Start with weed then more up to what else your dealer is selling.

Adults may argue about responsible use of medical marijuana but that's not what I'm concerned about it's our youth trying to be adults and act like us.

Of all the things in the world to worry about, adults choosing to ingest naturally occurring plants doesn't make my list.

If it makes yours, please pause to acknowledge how much better your spare time could be used minding your own business or doing something productive.

Can't buy weed, crack or coke at a convenience store. Start with weed then more up to what else your dealer is selling.

Adults may argue about responsible use of medical marijuana but that's not what I'm concerned about it's our youth trying to be adults and act like us.

I see your point, and I won't argue that that isn't a concern, but a much bigger concern is kids wanting to act like adults and having access to alcohol. Alcohol, for the most part, is much more accessible than any illicit drug. I realize that the drug dealer on the street corner isn't selling alcohol but tell me, what do you think is more readily accessible to your children, the drug dealers drugs or his parents liquor cabinet. And as long as were on the topic of drugs, let's not forget about the pharmaceuticals that he may have access to in his parents and or grandparents' bathroom vanities. Marijuana being a gateway drug is a crock of shit, if ever there was a gateway drug, it's alcohol. And I can absolutely guarantee you that more lives have been ruined and lost, more homes have been destroyed, and more people have suffered from the detrimental effects from the abuse of alcohol than they ever have from marijuana. And that brother, is fact.

That's where parenting should step in.

I could drive to half a dozen convenience stores and probably get all 3 as well, not from the same guy though.

Back