Joseph von Benedikt vs Formidilosus

Can we crowdfund a discussion (debate) between Joseph von Benedikt and @Formidilosus ? Both men are well spoken and have years of experience in their field. However, their opinions differ enough on many topics that I would pay to listen to them debate. It could happen on Shoot2Hunt or the Backcountry Hunting Podcast. I am sure if we threw enough collective money at them, we could make it happen.

No.

Reactions: TVW
Must be getting older, but I cant listen to either of those guys anymore at my age (57), just dont have the patience.....I also yell at people more in traffic now.....and look at velocity numbers instead of energy lol

Harvey_NW

WKR
This would serve no purpose and waste both people's time.
Maybe to you, but it would obviously entertain a lot of other people.

To see a popular pedestal Fudd get absolutely mutilated by a real shooter with in depth knowledge on a public platform would be comical and probably beneficial. Sure, half the audience will side with their guy because 30-06 and grandpappy, but if they were actually interested in learning anything Form is the guy to have spilling the technical info.

I like it.

TaperPin

WKR
I find it funny that Roksliders often make fun of Ron for being a fud, but he is doing more than most to promote smaller calibers. His big rifle is a 7mm08. He poo poos big guns every chance he gets and says a smaller bullet accurately placed is what people should focus on.

He is also a fan of suppressors on light hunting rifles.

He’s also been shooting the equivalent of a fast twist 22 creed for a decade before the creed came out. He also goes out of his way to test and hunt with cartridges even if they aren’t his cup of tea.

In my mind it shows the bias to poo poo anyone with long broad hunting experience, because they don’t see shooting 800 yards with a 223 as being as effective as more traditional distances and cartridges.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I find it funny that Roksliders often make fun of Ron for being a fud, but he is doing more than most to promote smaller calibers. His big rifle is a 7mm08. He poo poos big guns every chance he gets and says a smaller bullet accurately placed is what people should focus on.
Outside of his writings I would agree, he writes a lot of click-baity article titles too though. Every time I see them it's like "Does the 6.8 Western really outperform the tradtional .270?", and then the redundant comparison in ballistics, modern projectile design, faster twist, blah, blah. "And in conclusion, the 6.8 might offer an advantage to shooting longer ranges, but for hunting purposes it really doesn't do anything the classic .270 Winchester has offered for almost 100 years".

It's not just him, there's a ton of people spewing the same regurgitative comparisons out there. Yes, your 260 Rem can do everything a 6.5 Creed can, and possibly then some. But buy one off the shelf and try to send a 147 out of it. The advantage will be evident.

tony

WKR
I bought Ron's 7mm book the other day. Just thumbing through it, there is a lot of good information in it.

I like Ron, he's sort of like that goofy uncle or grandpa most of us had.

I don't think he takes himself that serious. And listening to his podcast, if he doesn't know something he says it.

And he has nowhere near the "product placement" Joe V.B. does