Just moved to Colorado

Hey all!!

After 15 years away from good hunting, we have relocated to Colorado. I need a place to take a 12 year old and a 9 year old for some good elk and mule deer hunting.

I am primarily a bow hunter.

Any tips, pointers, suggestions about hunting Colorado would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you fellow hunters.

-Wolverine19

welcome to CO. a lot of guys on here will be willing to help,just need more info. Where are you at? also if you "just" moved to CO you are going to have some trouble qualifying as a resident this season. tags are going to be expensive. the more info you give ,the better answers you will get.

cnelk

WKR
Welcome to Colorado

Your 9 yr old is gonna have to sit on the sidelines for a couple years.
Your 12 year old can get youth tags at a reduced rate.

Next spring, be sure to get your 12 yr old started on Pref Points.

If you want to take both of your kids hunting, drive over to Nebraska as they have GREAT deer/turkey opportunities for kids
Tags are cheap and limits are generous

Thats how I started my son when he was 9. I didnt want him to wait for Colorado...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Your kids are lucky.......when I started big game hunting you had to be 15 here in CO. Lots of opportunities and cheap tags for youth, but as said your youngest will have to wait a few years. Your location will help us as well.

OP
W
Bonedalien,

Thanks for replying. We live in Castle Rock. I was able to get resident status. I'm just looking to get pointed in the right direction.

-Thanks.

Ill never understand age requirements for hunting.

Glad TX doesn't have them, and lets parents make the choice.

Congrats. Great thing about CO isn't just the Elk and mulies. Dont forget they have whitetails, turkeys and pronghorns.