K4 5000 Break in Period

jlc1993

FNG
Just curious, but can anyone tell me: what is the break-in period for this pack like? I expect to receive mine within the week, at which point, I'll have a little over a month till I'll be using it in CO. My training plan with this pack will match the one with my previous pack. 3-5 mile rucks with 50LB sandbags loaded, as well as some lighter, longer hikes. To preface, this isn't the only training I'm doing, but as far as pack break-in; it is.

Any suggestions for the pack or advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

grfox92

WKR
Break in your boots, wear your pack.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
That's kind of what I thought. But, maybe there's some new-fangled trendy way of hunt prep nowadays.
Depends what you're "running" in your "kit". There's lots of new ways to do things it seems.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
Waterproof bags. The packs, They are only water repellent.
You are going to want bags anyway. Just dumping everything in is a cluster F.

Just curious, but can anyone tell me: what is the break-in period for this pack like? I expect to receive mine within the week, at which point, I'll have a little over a month till I'll be using it in CO. My training plan with this pack will match the one with my previous pack. 3-5 mile rucks with 50LB sandbags loaded, as well as some lighter, longer hikes. To preface, this isn't the only training I'm doing, but as far as pack break-in; it is.

Any suggestions for the pack or advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

You’ll be more than fine with that time frame. There isn’t so much a “break in period” in the sense of it being unusable for a hunt out of the box (like a new pair of boots, for example).

It just more and more comfortable the more you hike with it. The foam shapes more to you and the fit somehow gets more and more tailored with each hike.