K4 belt size question

I bought a medium k4 on Monday. I am wanting to know if i have the right belt before i rip the tags off. I wear 32 pants but my measurement going off your sizing was something like 37. belt feels great but I have about 2" of adjustment on both sides of the buckle. Is this an acceptable range? I thought I remember somewhere saying you can have too much pad wrapping around.

OP
D
Thanks. I still have 3-4 inches total adjustment left. I thought maybe it was too much pad

I just remeasured and I'm 34.5". I must have been full of food that day.

Last edited:
OP
D
This is how much I have left. I'm probably a little wider in the waist compared to the peak hunting season. I'm gonna head out late season muzz elk tomorrow so I want to know if i should bring the pack

Attachments

• 20231124_113119.jpg
    20231124_113119.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 28
That looks pretty borderline to me. Can you load up the pack really heavy and test it out? You may find that you need to really crank down on the belt to handle heavy loads.

Thanks. I still have 3-4 inches total adjustment left. I thought maybe it was too much pad

I just remeasured and I'm 34.5". I must have been full of food that day.
I would say not, I always lose some weight in the fall and the belt that fit perfect in the spring I bottomed out packing a whole deer out, it stayed up fine regardless, and was perfectly comfortable, but if I could have, I would have tightened it up a little more, I have as much pad wrap around as possible and it doesn’t cause me any problems.

As for the concern about having too much pad wrapping around, it's generally advisable to have a comfortable fit without excessive overlapping. However, some individuals prefer a bit of overlap for added security or to accommodate changes in waist size throughout the day. The key is to ensure that the belt is snug and secure without being too tight or too loose.
The exo crew have addressed this quite a bit on the exo thread, and unlike other packs, more pad wrap around is fine

You could also message @Mark at EXO that picture and get his opinion