K4 Nalgene Holder

sivart

WKR
Still trying to get used to it. It seems really tight getting a full size Nalgene in this thing w/ one hand. I'm hoping it will stretch a little over time and make it a little easier.

Yes I agree its a hair to tight. My issue is it only works with an actual nalgene. when it gets cold I like to use a microlite bottle that insulated. I cannot get that thing to slide in there for the life of me and its the same diameter as a Nalgene bottle. I think I am going to cut the top banding to open it up a bit.

I agree with you. I wish it was just a tiny bit bigger, especially considering it has a bit of stretch on the "neck". It works well but is a little PITA to get it back in. I get why they wanted it tight but I would give up a little security for convenience.

I have an older Nalgene that fits perfect... my newer one is a hair tighter. When I compare the two, the older is ever so slightly taller and narrower.

wnelson14

WKR
Probably would stretch a bit if you Just wrap the Nalgene with a few layers of tape and leave it in for a few days

ChrisAU

WKR
The FHF holster works great on the K4 belt for smart water bottles. Only problem is no insulation.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Yes I agree its a hair to tight. My issue is it only works with an actual nalgene. when it gets cold I like to use a microlite bottle that insulated. I cannot get that thing to slide in there for the life of me and its the same diameter as a Nalgene bottle. I think I am going to cut the top banding to open it up a bit.
I'm probably going to do the same thing.

TN2shot07

WKR
The FHF holster works great on the K4 belt for smart water bottles. Only problem is no insulation.
How much adjustment is there in that thing? If I’m just hunting a morning or afternoon I’ll just carry a 16 oz Nalgene, most are too big for those

ChrisAU

WKR
How much adjustment is there in that thing? If I’m just hunting a morning or afternoon I’ll just carry a 16 oz Nalgene, most are too big for those

You could probably make it hold an 8 oz Red Bull snugly. When nothing is in them they are flat. Very easy to use after trying it a couple times. Also secured the top of the bottle with a bungee if wanted. Very simple one handed operation.

MHWASH

WKR
It does take a little getting used to it, but I think it works fine. I assume it will eventually stretch, but maybe not.

sr80

WKR
I use the the green lighter nalgene (not the clear ones) and it works good, i also use a 1 L gaterade bottle in there and seems to work good. I have zero complaints.

6.5x284

WKR
I run a 50oz smart water bottle in mine and it works great. Also fits my 30oz hydroflask great if hunting below zero. But I run smart bottles for weight savings. The 50oz is the perfect size for me and for the K4 bottle holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
Has anyone tested this nalgene holder in freezing temps yet? I do have one and use it but it has not got that cold here yet, but i am curious if it will help prevent the water from freezing, or prolong it a bit. Usually once its really cold i switch from a bladder/hose to the nalgene, and then flip the nalgene upside down in my water bottle holder so when it does freeze it freezes the bottom of the bottle vs the mouth opening end.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tested this nalgene holder in freezing temps yet?

I’ll be field testing next week below freezing…I anticipate it won’t make much of a difference, I assume it will just delay any freezing and my Nalgene will be upside down to keep the contents drinkable. I’ll snap some photos when I’m out for S’s ‘n G’s.