Kamas GE Deer

ZGreen

FNG
Wanted to get some opinions on my Utah deer tag, I drew a Kamas deer tag, Oct 13th-17th and Ive been doing quite a bit of e-scouting throughout the unit. I was excited to draw the tag, but looking at some of the other members responses about the Kamas unit I am kind of worried about it now! I saw there was a pretty good burn in there in 2016 and I was looking at some of the high country around the burn, the east side of the unit looked like there were a lot of hiking trails and looked to be more recreational to me, but any opinions would help, thanks!

Dcrafton

WKR
There is a good bit of private property and what is not private gets hit really hard.
Close to towns, Utah GE tags are family reunions. I live not to far from kamas and I won’t hunt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Utah general season is an opportunity hunt in every sense of the word. Go give it a try and have fun. It’s a pretty area and there are some deer in there.

UintaYETI

FNG
Kamas is a tough unit due to low deer densities and a ton of recreational pressure. I hunted it for archery deer last year, and only saw 5 total deer all week. Luckily I was able to seal the deal on a good buck on the last day.

I hunted the unit last year and scouted quite a bit. The country is steep and deer numbers are low. I was able to scout up some nice bucks throughout the summer and watched them up til week before the season. Never saw a single deer during the season. I guess we saw a nice buck when we hiked out and went to town to get a beer and lick our wounds. LOL. It didn't help the ranchers were bringing their cattle out of the mountain basically the whole time during the hunt. The one guy said he brought out 400 pair off the drainage we were glassing.