Katabatic Alsek 22 vs Sawatch 15

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
I have both of these in my hands and looking for some help deciding...

I live and backpack hunt in Colorado, mainly archery season but also later in October and November for rifle cow elk season. I have a 30 degree quilt for archery season and love it. I'm in the market for a new quilt for my NWT sheep hunt the first 2 weeks of August. a lot like CO, the weather could be anything.

The weight difference between the 15 and 22 is .2 oz. The compressibility is of concern to me but honestly I'm having a hard time telling much difference between the two. both fit in a 8L stuff sack, sure the 22 takes a little less effort but both fit fine.

In short, is there a compelling reason to not keep the 15 and send the 22 back. Again, I have a 30 for most of September. I think I've made up my mind to keep the 15 but figured I'd throw it out to the group first.

Thanks for playing.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Can't say I've ever been on a sheep hunt, but in your case I'd say go with the 15. I have a Katabatic Flex 15 and a 40 degree El Coyote to cover different seasons/uses. I guess I don't see enough of a difference between the 30 and 22 to make owning both a reasonable choice. Unless you end up just keeping the 22 for everything.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Can't say I've ever been on a sheep hunt, but in your case I'd say go with the 15. I have a Katabatic Flex 15 and a 40 degree El Coyote to cover different seasons/uses. I guess I don't see enough of a difference between the 30 and 22 to make owning both a reasonable choice. Unless you end up just keeping the 22 for everything.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
That's some sound advice thx