Kfiaru , Exo , or Mystery Ranch

I have had all 3. I did not care for the hip belt on the Mystery Ranch. I really like the Exo 2000 for a day pack/meat hauler and maybe overnight. The 22 Mag is a good day pack/meat hauler as wells. The Kifaru hip belt is probably the best in the business, especially for hauling heavy loads. Dunno order both and send one back. Hope this helps.

Which mystery ranch frame did you have? The guidelite did not work for me but the new MT works great. I have not had as negative of an experience with the buckles being fidgety as previously said but the two over the top compression straps can get in the way of the top pocket. One thing to note and I've seen other guys say the same thing is that the kifaru belt doesn't work great for SOME guys with boney hip bones. I like it because it stays in place but it leaves bruising on the points of my hips after heavy pack outs.

I had a Guide Light with a Pintler. The belt was not substantial enough for me. I've had other Mystery Ranch packs over the years ie Crew Cab, etc. I do not have bony hips however. 5/10 205. I just like the other two belts better. If there is a new frame/belt from Mystery Ranch I have not tried it.

I had a Guide Light with a Pintler. The belt was not substantial enough for me. I've had other Mystery Ranch packs over the years ie Crew Cab, etc. I do not have bony hips however. 5/10 205. I just like the other two belts better. If there is a new frame/belt from Mystery Ranch I have not tried it.

The boney hip statement I made was referring to the kifaru belt not mystery ranch just to clarify

Big fan of MR marshall on GL frame. I have the pintler as a bag only. They both work great for me, especially as a "team". One big bag to get you in there and the smaller bag for day hunting.

I love my exo pack it’s been the best purchase I’ve made. My brother and a friend both have kifaru and I’ve tried them and I would have been just as happy with a kifaru but I like the exo bag design a little better. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of the brands listed.

Kifaru or EXO. Ive had MR, Kuiu, horn hunter, and a few others. Those 2 just fit me the best, currently own a Kifaru but wouldn't hesitate to buy an EXO. Like others have said wait until they release their new frames and you'll be able to pick up a great pack at a good price

Not to confuse the issue but I would throw in a Stone Glacier 3300 on an X Curve frame also. Awful good pack and frame and belt. I have one of these also.

I was just in this same boat. I have ran Badlands, Eberlystock, and Kuiu. I sold my Kuiu with intentions of an Exo but finally couldn't take the waiting anymore for the new packs to be released. I had always thought Kifaru was out of my budget but after adding things up on both Exo and Kifaru they were actually within $50 of each other. Then Kifaru released their new 44 Mag and I was sold!! I have never used a Kifaru before but after speaking with guys who have I have always thought of them to be the top of the list when it comes to packs. I am waiting for mine to ship and start training with it.

Back