Mystery Ranch vs Kifaru

I am a bit of a gear head and love packs. iMO Once you get to a certain level - SG, MR, Kifaru - , it becomes a lot about preference. Unfortunately, the only real way to figure that out is to spend some miles under each pack.

I ran everything from an old army Alice pack to lowe to northface to arcteryx to gregory as a backpacker. I bought my first Dana Designs pack in the 90s and have used them since. When I started hunting, I ran a metcalf and a crew cab on a nice frame and then took an expensive Kifaru detour. Never liked how the frame fit me sold I sold those Kifaru packs and frames and got a metcalf on a guide light. It was lighter but didn’t feel as good as my nice frames. I upgraded to the guidelight mt and have had no issues.

I just bought a seek outside frame for my non hunting adventures and like it so far. I am also inrivued by stone glacier but not enough to drop a bunch of $$$ on another pack system.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I was at a Mysterious Ranch when I saw a Kifaru (rhinoceros) and decided to make the Initial Ascent to where they were. There was a Stone Glacier in my way and I had to Seek Outside another way.