Kidney stone

robtattoo

WKR
1:10 Do not Recommend.

I noticed a little back ache yesterday around 5:30am I figured it was trapped wind. By 7:15 I was in the ER & getting IV painkillers (they say that laughter is the best medicine. It's not. Dialaudid is the best medicine!) CT scan confirmed a 4mm stone above my left kidney.

Came home with enough Hydrocodone to fell a zoo full of elephants. I usually refuse any kind of opioid, but this time out....gimme.

First time in my life (including the gunshot wounds) I've ever vomited purely from pain.

Guys. Eat healthy, cut down on the bourbon & salt & drink yer water. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Rob5589

WKR
Never had one but know people that have. Women say they're worse than child birth. I get generous with the fentanyl when I encounter a patient with them. Hope it passes soon.

Dcrafton

WKR
I’ve had two, holy shit i feel for you. The worst pain I have ever had.
They tell you, go pee, ya right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very recently I went to the emergency room for what I and the emergency room doctor thought was a Kidney Stone; non moving static pain.... I guess you could say, lucky for me, it turned out to be one of the several herniated discs that I have in my back.

For nausea, Zofran. I do know that vomiting and nausea do not always go together.

I hope it passes quickly.

I have puked from appendicitis pain.

Had a kidney stone once and it was very painful. Hobbled my hungover butt to a rural hospital. It was very small, just two nurses on duty at 6AM on Sunday morning. They suspected a stone, but needed the doc to confirm. I hate needles but I begged them to shoot me in the ass while doc took his sweet time getting there. Got the shot and pain went away and that was it. No issues since, but I have greatly improved my diet.

Interestingly, I talked my regular doc into a CT scan to confirm it was a stone. They did one, and when he calls he asks me "have you had a CT scan here before?" "Yes, when I had appendicitis." "Your stone was apparent in that scan, too." Wish they had told me that at the time.

Moserkr

WKR
Sorry to hear about that! Hope you get it passed quick. I remember my first one and its not fun…. Now I watch for the warning sign. If you see discoloration (yellow,orange) at the end of when you pee, edge of the water in the throne’s bowl, its a classic warning sign - micro stones passing. Start pounding water like there's no tomorrow. Some people just get them genetically. I havent had one since and drink lots more water, and eat healthier. Only get the warning sign when Im very dehydrated and Im sure theres still some in there. Scary thoughts.

mlgc20

WKR
You have my sympathy. I was once hit by a truck going 40 miles per hour while crossing the street. And that was but a pin prick when compared with the kidney stone I had. I was feeling sick at work, so I left to go home. On my way, I happened to drive by a hospital and swerved into the ER. I left my truck in the ER loading bay and barely got inside the door. I mumbled some nonsense and the front desk guy laughed and told me I had "the kidney stone shuffle". I was in so much pain I couldn't think straight when asked about insurance or who to call. I just handed him my wallet and keys and begged to be treated. Eventually, my wife showed up and found me high as a kite on some awesome cocktail of drugs hitting on my nurse.

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
I have felt your pain!
I have had several stones and pain is intense.
I do all the "right things" diet, water intake, fitness, etc, but they still flare up.
Usually at the most inopportune times.

My Dr tells me that my condition is partly genetic, as several of my ancestors also experienced them.
I have even had them crushed with soundwaves: Lithotripsy

I now take a daily maintenance prescription that at least extends the time between stone occurrences.
I feel like I have a high pain tolerance, but kidney stones turn me into a little girly man.
And yes, I too have vomitted from the pain

Sorry to hear that. My first was 10mm & had to have emergency surgery. The most excruciating pain I've ever felt. Had another one 6 years later. Dr said basically if you ever have one you will have more.
I have a friend who got them regularly & he got a prescription for potassium citrate. Hasn't had any in about 10 years so I started taking it also. Good luck

505Wapiti

WKR
Had lithotripsy twice in my early thirties. Calcium oxalate stones and urologist said “drink more water”. Worst pain in the world that I’ve experienced is kidney stone so I feel for you. The worst is when you have a history of stones and know what the problem is and go to the ER only to have them treat you like some drug seeker trying to get pain meds. I was left in the lobby for almost 2 hours one night for that reason and when taken back the nurse in a very rude and hateful tone asked me to give her a urine sample. I pissed nearly straight blood in the cup and the look on her face was priceless as they came running with the dialaudid. Needless to say we had a nice conversation about how not to judge people you don’t know. When a stone is blocking a ureter, a man will become desperate for some relief!

WCB

WKR
I had one once and while checking in and every time I was face to face with a nurse the pain would go away. They thought I was over exaggerating the pain when I said it was a 15 on a scale from 1-10. Finally a nurse walked by while I was in the waiting room. I was balled up on the floor saying some choice words pretty loudly. Lets just say I had pain meds and was in a room pretty quick after that.

My Father in Law and Sister in Law actually get them quit frequently and do almost everything they can to not get them but is something hereditary as wife's grandma gets them pretty bad also. Mine was strictly due to working 80-90hrs a week in the summer drinking mostly MT DEW and very little water.

Elk97

WKR
Sounds like the pain is right up there with gallstones, maybe worse. I was incoherent with pain before surgery. My sympathies to you.

Bl704

WKR
Yeah, I've got the tee shirt.

My Dr sister asked me to describe the pain :
"imagine being impaled by a fence post..." and it ends with "the feeling of pissing out a piece of barbwire"... But the drugs are dialed.

Eyeman

FNG
Good luck man.
Don't wanna scare you but gotta tell you I had to have one removed out the front way that got stuck between my kidney and bladder.
Yes exactly what you are thinking.
Good thing was that I was on full morphine in the hospital before they could get me in the OR.
Right before they gave me the happy juice I looked down and saw a table with the stirrups and a table full of weird looking long skinny metal tubes and tools. Remember the old saying "shaking like a dog pissing glass"? That's what felt like for 24 hours afterwards.
I said the same thing as some of the other comments that wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Yours is 4mm so you should be able to pass it. Just a few days of discomfort. Once it hits your bladder the pain should go away, then wait for it.
I passed another I didn't even know was there until I felt it come through.

gabenzeke

WKR
I had one once. It's awful. Dilaudid is magical stuff. The hydrocodone, not so much. Didn't do anything for me after the er.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Roughout

FNG
Get hands on some flow max as well! Drink A LOT. Had a wrestling coach suggest drinking a case of beer… regardless, do not wish upon anyone. Hang in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR
I was begging for morphine in the ER, when the stone finally passed I was in disbelief on how something so small could cause so much pain.
Hope you feel better.