Kifaru Bino Harness

That works, thanks! I was just curious about features and don’t have any social media. Anyone know what the lining is where the binos go?

I have been waiting for this to come out and from the video, they didn’t disappoint. I knew they were going to build a sick harness when they got around to it. I assume there will be some sticker shock, but from what I see, I’ll buy it anyway… whatever the price is, it’s a lot cheaper than the money I’ve spent trying to find a bino harness I liked… my OV gen 2 I have now is the standout so far, but from the video, I like everything about the kifaru one, and there is no “buzz kill” aspect at all… looks killer

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
Looks pretty cool. I'm interested to see how well the wings work . Be nice to put an extra mag or a bear spray on the side

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Looks pretty cool. I'm interested to see how well the wings work . Be nice to put an extra mag or a bear spray on the side
Several companies make bear spray holsters that will mount to the molle loops on the bottom. Oriented better to deploy R/L handed that way

This looks great, it will be interesting to see the specs and price point in the future (hopefully soon). I like the idea of the forward opening being able to tuck underneath without snaps or magnets. Im hoping hey will add a few call. pockets on the top flap that could be sued to store calls for quick access, that's one thing that I've come to use frequently. Patiently waiting.....

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
That works, thanks! I was just curious about features and don’t have any social media. Anyone know what the lining is where the binos go?

I have been waiting for this to come out and from the video, they didn’t disappoint. I knew they were going to build a sick harness when they got around to it. I assume there will be some sticker shock, but from what I see, I’ll buy it anyway… whatever the price is, it’s a lot cheaper than the money I’ve spent trying to find a bino harness I liked… my OV gen 2 I have now is the standout so far, but from the video, I like everything about the kifaru one, and there is no “buzz kill” aspect at all… looks killer
Love my ov as well. Looking forward to this!

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Kenneth@Kifaru any idea on when the preorder might start?
Hey guys! sorry for getting on this thread a little late. Just getting out of the mountains. We will roll out Pre orders in the earliest of 2 weeks and latest will be 3 weeks. We are still finalizing pricing on the harness and the accessories. I have had a blast testing this harness out and Eric Bender is an absolute wizard during the designing process and can't thank him enough for what he has put together.

I think that release video left more questions than answers, especially if you are already lining up pre-orders. As was mentioned in the video there are still several things that need to be modified. I wouldn’t pre-order a brand new product still in development. I want to know what I am getting. I hope there will be another video before it is for sale.

Pros IMO
- no magnets
- forward opening flap
- various bino sizes offered (which are to be determined). What is the bino pocket lined with?
- appears minimalistic and lightweight

Neutral opinions
- width of harness straps and the the lack of an actual harness backing. I like my AGC harness a lot. But I’ll reserve my opinion on this setup until I try it.
- unless you open and tuck under the flap it seems to stick out a ways. I would think if not tucked it would indeed get in the way of your bow draw.
- there were attachable wide pockets mentioned. Would love to see those and what they are designed for.

Cons IMO
- the front zipper pocket didn’t appear big enough to hold his phone in (android/apple max, not sure which he had but it seemed like it would be a tight fit). If I recall he said the pocket dimensions were being tweaked so hopefully that size will change.
- the pocket in between the outer pocket and the bino harness didnt seem very deep….. using it to stuff my phone into to film with isn’t a reason I would buy it. That cannot be a reliably steady video setup and I would be concerned about the phone falling out with any movement, Admittedly it’s hard to tell how deep that pocket is but it doesn’t look big enough for a gps like a Garmin Montana or similar.
- mounting my phone to a pocket flap to navigate with isn’t a feature I care about. I want my phone in my hands, able to turn it as needed, take photos/videos, browse other apps etc. A static location for it isn’t appealing to me.
- lack of a small pocket on top for calls, this would be great.

Overall I think there are high hopes here. Bino harnesses are one of the remaining pieces of gear that still have a lot of room for improvement Within the industry. Appreciate your guys efforts and look forward to the final product.

Last edited:

TheViking

WKR
Has it got a meat shelf?

Sorry but I've never seen through the hype of all these bino harnesses that are like a backpack you wear on your chest.
I couldn't stand all the bulk.

Agree. I like my Marsupial size small and Range Finder pocket. Slim profile, good operation, keeps the dust off my binos for the most part.

Binos, range finder, in their respective pockets. Wind checker, chap stick, one mouth call, and a few mouth reeds in the pockets of the bino case. Anything gets stuffed in a belt pocket, or a cargo pocket on my pants, or it stays in the main pack.

dwhicker

FNG
I think that release video left more questions than answers, especially if you are already lining up pre-orders. As was mentioned in the video there are still several things that need to be modified. I wouldn’t pre-order a brand new product still in development. I want to know what I am getting. I hope there will be another video before it is for sale.

Pros IMO
- no magnets
- forward opening flap
- various bino sizes offered (which are to be determined). What is the bino pocket lined with?
- appears minimalistic and lightweight

Neutral opinions
- width of harness straps and the the lack of an actual harness backing. I like my AGC harness a lot. But I’ll reserve my opinion on this setup until I try it.
- unless you open and tuck under the flap it seems to stick out a ways. I would think if not tucked it would indeed get in the way of your bow draw.
- there were attachable wide pockets mentioned. Would love to see those and what they are designed for.

Cons IMO
- the front zipper pocket didn’t appear big enough to hold his phone in (android/apple max, not sure which he had but it seemed like it would be a tight fit). If I recall he said the pocket dimensions were being tweaked so hopefully that size will change.
- the pocket in between the outer pocket and the bino harness didnt seem very deep….. using it to stuff my phone into to film with isn’t a reason I would buy it. That cannot be a reliably steady video setup and I would be concerned about the phone falling out with any movement, Admittedly it’s hard to tell how deep that pocket is but it doesn’t look big enough for a gps like a Garmin Montana or similar.
- mounting my phone to a pocket flap to navigate with isn’t a feature I care about. I want my phone in my hands, able to turn it as needed, take photos/videos, browse other apps etc. A static location for it isn’t appealing to me.
- lack of a small pocket on top for calls, this would be great.

Overall I think there are high hopes here. Bino harnesses are one of the remaining pieces of gear that still have a lot of room for improvement Within the industry. Appreciate your guys efforts and look forward to the final product.

What don’t people like about magnets? I assume it has to do with running a compass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! sorry for getting on this thread a little late. Just getting out of the mountains. We will roll out Pre orders in the earliest of 2 weeks and latest will be 3 weeks. We are still finalizing pricing on the harness and the accessories. I have had a blast testing this harness out and Eric Bender is an absolute wizard during the designing process and can't thank him enough for what he has put together.
Keep us posted, I would like to get on the preorder list, looks like the harness I was hoping for, I just didn’t know what it would look like, haha.

I wonder if it will stay taut and stay elevated on the chest. My agc was terrible even when I switched to locking buckles. Marsupial is way better. Probably has to do with geometry.

TheViking

WKR
Hold your phone a little bit away from you and it’s fine. I’ll take a magnet all day long. It’s the best, easiest way of keeping it closed. And it’s quiet. I think the magnet messing up the compass is way overblown.

100%

I’ve never had an issue.

Also google if rangefinders can be goofed up by magnets ;-)

I’ll stick to my magnet Marsupial