Kifaru Bino Harness

Luked

WKR
Would like to hear some of your alls thoughts when you get yours. I have been needing new harness and was looking at the Marsupial gear harness or the Kifaru one.

renagde

WKR
I pulled a Snyder but instead of arrows it was my credit card. I blacked out and when I woke up I had added a bunch of stuff to my cart and offered up my credit card info. Got a medium with all the pouches including the nav pouch. Not sure how much I'll use that or the accessory pouch. Looking forward to getting it.

WBrim

WKR
I pulled a Snyder but instead of arrows it was my credit card. I blacked out and when I woke up I had added a bunch of stuff to my cart and offered up my credit card info. Got a medium with all the pouches including the nav pouch. Not sure how much I'll use that or the accessory pouch. Looking forward to getting it.
I about did the same, but stopped last second. I got new boots this week, and the wife may not like both purchases so close together… but now I’m getting emails from Kifaru to finish the sale… they know it’s getting thru to me!

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m curious to see if the side pockets on it will fit a suunto MC2 compass.
How’s the phone do in the back pocket vs under the lid

@Kenneth@Kifaru we need more details.
sorry on being responsive as of late. getting some time now to answer a few things. Yes on both of the phone fitting in the front pocket when lid is open and the lid will shut with the phone in there as well. I have iphone 13 Pro and it fits nicely. fits in the back pocket as well. for me though. that is were I keep my tyto and blades. The suunto will fit in the side pocket as well.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
@Kenneth@Kifaru I of course got my order in about a minute after they went live, but I’m worried about the Revic BR4 rangefinder fitting in the pouch. Seems like it will be close. Anyone there willing to test? If not, could we petition for a larger option to be available? It’s the darling RF of Rokslide, and for good reason. It’s just a bit larger than say Sig or Leica offerings.

Does anybody have any idea how the JC Custom Kydex holster is going to work for the Bino Harness? I’ve checked his Instagram and kifarus website and can’t get a hint. I’m assuming it’s going to be some sort of chest holster design, any ideas?

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Does anybody have any idea how the JC Custom Kydex holster is going to work for the Bino Harness? I’ve checked his Instagram and kifarus website and can’t get a hint. I’m assuming it’s going to be some sort of chest holster design, any ideas?
the answer is very much yes. JC Custom kydex will be offered on our site soon actually. with a partnership on the bino harness and our belts.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Kenneth@Kifaru I of course got my order in about a minute after they went live, but I’m worried about the Revic BR4 rangefinder fitting in the pouch. Seems like it will be close. Anyone there willing to test? If not, could we petition for a larger option to be available? It’s the darling RF of Rokslide, and for good reason. It’s just a bit larger than say Sig or Leica offerings.
can you shoot me an email of the exact dimensions of the revic. We dont have one in the shop to test out. But I can tell you off measurements.

[email protected]

I ended up going with small regular + rf pouch. Considered the deluxe because you save $10 if you ant to add an accessory ouch later. I don’t add a ton of pockets to my bino harness as I don’t like the extra weight. I run vortex razor 10x42 which are pretty small for 1x42 and I swear it said small but then I checked and it said medium just before purchase. But I used marsupial’s size guide as a reference for my vortex when choosing the size. They list their small as 6.7in high and suggested a small for the razor 10x42. The small Kifaru was listed 7 inches high so I figured a small would work and I also don’t like the binos buried deep in harnesses needing to shim it up to grab. The size difference is an inch in height between them all. Small 7, medium 8, large 9 inches. I have no interest in a nav pocket as don’t nav hands free with onX or store my phone in my harness. I also agree as other have said the nav pocket looks a little big on a small. I figure if the Kifaru isn’t my jam I’ll look to a marsupial no mag. I like the marsupial system is slim but was concerned about the way the elastic straps hold the lid closed on the no mag and if they would render the side stretch pockets useless.

I kind of hope they make a larger pocket for that BR4/Maven with the ferris wheel on the side/Vortex Razor. The BR4 a monstrosity of a RF. 2 sizes in RF pockets seem pretty common across the board. If it fits, most other RFs will get swallowed. Its closer in height to my SLC 42s binos than it is my RF. I guess you could use shims, but the higher you go, the floppier a RF pouch usually gets.

As far as the tehter, Im just going to replace that elastic strap keeper that holds the tail end of the harness strap that goes up the shoulder with a triglide and run it like I have on my harnesses for 5+ years. I only like a tether on 1 side and this has worked perfectly. Youd need to buy or acquire a plastic tri glide, but it will work if they dont have something else in place by the time they start shipping.......

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 95

footingit

FNG
Curious to see the ultimate solution to the bino tether. I personally will never run a bino harness without tethers given how much of a butter fingers I can be. It’s one thing I think could be better on my Marsupial harness, the tethers sometimes get in the way of the lid closing fully.