Kifaru - Disappointment

MountainZ

FNG
History: I have several Kifaru packs that i have used extensively for years.

I bought a 22 Mag a couple of years ago and the top handle soon started pulling out of the stitching. Apparently it's only stitched through about ⅛" into the pack seam with no reinforcement. I have now written Kifaru 10 (ten!) times over the course of two years, called multiple times, and still receive no customer service response of any kind. I am horribly disappointed in my experience. At this point, I regret putting the money into this company that I have and regret recommending their packs to so many people. Buyer beware.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I’m surprised to hear you’ve tried so many times and had zero luck speaking with anyone. I’ve called Kifaru numerous times and they’ve answered every time other than once, but I left them a message and they called me back a short while later.

Marble

WKR
I wonder if any of their replies went to your email spam folder, assuming the communication was via email. I've contacted them a few times over the years and they responded rather quickly.

And from what I have heard from others, they stand behind their product.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Agree with what everyone else has said, this is not typical at all for Kifaru CS. Hell, Aron Snyder used to routinely post his personal cell phone number on here and encouraged people to contact him with question on products, pack fitting and warranty issues.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
History: I have several Kifaru packs that i have used extensively for years.

I bought a 22 Mag a couple of years ago and the top handle soon started pulling out of the stitching. Apparently it's only stitched through about ⅛" into the pack seam with no reinforcement. I have now written Kifaru 10 (ten!) times over the course of two years, called multiple times, and still receive no customer service response of any kind. I am horribly disappointed in my experience. At this point, I regret putting the money into this company that I have and regret recommending their packs to so many people. Buyer beware.
Reach out to my email. [email protected]

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The only thing that I find disappointing about Kifaru is their prices.

Being 20-25% more expensive than their American-made peers has me leaning against them.
For sure. I don’t even look at their stuff any more, havnt for awhile now just because of the prices. They make good stuff but can you even get into a frame, bag, lid, pockets for under a thousand dollars from them?

That’s really odd. I have always had great communication with this company. I have only interacted with them a few times over the last 6-8 years though.

My last interaction I sent an email about the shoulder strap starting to pull off the waist belt. I recieved a reply the next business day asking for a photo. Sent a photo, also told in the original email that I have used the crap out of this pack since 2017, and it was probably due to my own usage.

I had the replacement waistbelt in less than a week.

Reactions: ZDR

chasewild

WKR
For sure. I don’t even look at their stuff any more, havnt for awhile now just because of the prices. They make good stuff but can you even get into a frame, bag, lid, pockets for under a thousand dollars from them?
Man, I agree. I scoured the classifieds to get a frame and bag, and it still cost me about $600 for a frame and bag. Add a brain, $110, and then a water bottle holder ($40 or something), a pocket (call it $50) and I'm already at $800. That's NOT including a pocket I'm having made to give me more storage.

OP
M

MountainZ

FNG
That’s really odd. I have always had great communication with this company. I have only interacted with them a few times over the last 6-8 years though.

My last interaction I sent an email about the shoulder strap starting to pull off the waist belt. I recieved a reply the next business day asking for a photo. Sent a photo, also told in the original email that I have used the crap out of this pack since 2017, and it was probably due to my own usage.

I had the replacement waistbelt in less than a week.
Glad you had a great experience with their customer service.