Kifaru Frame (2019)

Kenai27

FNG
Hi guys,

Looking for Kifaru frame recommendations - upgrading my backpack for this fall and will be going with the Reckoning bag. This will be my first bag upgrade from the basic entry level and at the Kifaru price tag I want to make sure I get this right.

Reading past threads, it looks like there used to be a specified hunting frame from Kifaru, which I don't believe is the case anymore. Now, the options are Duplex Lite / Superlite and the Tactical Frame.

The primary use will be western backpacking hunting, but also some light weekend backpacking.

Any suggestions on which frame you recommend I run with the bag, and if you run the aluminum or composite stays?

Kotaman

WKR
The ultra lite/Super lite frame will handle just about anything most of us can carry. Aluminum stays if you want to change the shape of the stays. Composite if your back profile is "normal". I've always been good with composite.

OP
K

Kenai27

FNG
Thanks guys. I'm emailing Kifaru in conjunction, but wanted to hear what you guys had to say as well.

Think I'm going to go with the Duplex Lite and composite stays.

ErikM

FNG
Best advice above is to call the shop and chat with them about your needs. If you’re looking for some Rokslide opinions, I jumped into my first setup last year, Duplex Lite with composite stays, they work well for me. Opted for the extra tab loops on frame, not really an ounce counter. You said Reckoning bag which seems like a home run for a lot of guys. Mix and match a lid and some pouches you’ll be good to go for any scenario. If you’re gonna do it, do it right the first time and don’t look back....Have fun with it brother!

Jls21601

FNG
I was in their shop last year and they said that they were discontinuing the hunter frame and suggested the duplex lite frame for hunting and the ultralight for carrying awkward loads