Kifaru Grab It vs Sherman Pocket

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
Is there any advantage to using the grab it instead of a sherman for securing large objects like tree stands to the outside of a bag? It would be used more as a shelf, hanging low and holding up the gear from the bottom. Is the Sherman big enough to work like this?

The Sherman has a sleeve on that underside that works for carrying tall items or like a rifle buttstock. It won’t be as flexible as the Grab It just because there’s zippers and more fabric with the Sherman. If I needed it to wrap around the bottom of an odd shaped item I’d go for the Grab It.

Duh

WKR
I strapped a elk head this year with the Sherman and wasn’t impressed with how it secured it. I thought the straps didn’t get
Tight enough and loosened up quickly.

It was okay for a deer head but still loosened up a bit.

jwpenn

Lil-Rokslider
If you prefer/need the pocket space that the Sherman gives you, run it. But if you don't need the pocket space and just need to secure loads the grab-it is the go to.

I have both and rarely run the Sherman anymore.

If I was shed hunting light and fast and just wanted snacks and water in the pockets and straps to carry out sheds I'd run the Sherman on the frame alone.

For odd objects, like a sand bag, you want a grab it....I wouldn't trust a Sherman to hold the bottom of a sandbag but a grab it does it well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
J

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
If you prefer/need the pocket space that the Sherman gives you, run it. But if you don't need the pocket space and just need to secure loads the grab-it is the go to.

I have both and rarely run the Sherman anymore.

If I was shed hunting light and fast and just wanted snacks and water in the pockets and straps to carry out sheds I'd run the Sherman on the frame alone.

For odd objects, like a sand bag, you want a grab it....I wouldn't trust a Sherman to hold the bottom of a sandbag but a grab it does it well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Thanks, I ended up getting a grab it and I can see that trying to use a Sherman to haul big objects like I am with the grab it would make the pocket mostly useless anyway because the stuff inside would be bent.