Kifaru, kuiu or exo?

joeacerra

FNG
Alright gonna go down this rabbit hole, breaking down and finally buying a good pack wondering witch one out of kifaru, kuiu, or exo y'all think is the best for comfort and durability??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If I was buying a new pack today it would be an EXO (current pack is a stone glacier)

fatlander

WKR
I really want to try an exo but the lumbar pad on the K3 gives me a little pause. There’s been quite a few reports of it slipping and/or bunching up under heavy loads. I’m going to give the SG a try if I have some downtime in MT this year and can get over to Bozeman to the store. Other than being heavy, I love my kifaru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoytHntr4

WKR
Of those 3 I’ve had the Exo and Kifaru. Prefer the Kifaru for comfort, durability, and the ability to customize it to what you’re doing. But like others have said, what works perfect for someone might be uncomfortable to the next guy

gelton

WKR
I have had the original Kifaru frame (now the tactical) with the Timerberline 1 bag as well as the new Duplex Lite with the 5K Muskeg...I have had great luck with both but if you are looking for comfort and durability while also being weight conscious, the Duplex Lite with the 5K Muskeg is hard to beat and within a few ounces of Stone Glacier.

Maverick1

WKR
Buy one of each and try them out. A pack that feels great for one person might not feel good for you.. all are great packs and all have their pros and cons.
This. All three are good brands. Try them out. Load them up with a heavier sandbag, hit a local hill for a couple of hikes, and you’ll know how they feel under load for your specific body. Keep the one that fits you the best, turn around and sell the other two on this site for a nominal loss. Benefit is that you will have removed doubt and found the ONE that fits YOU best. Good luck!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
If I was buying a new one today it would be Kifaru because they seem to be king in durability. I’ve had to send my stone glacier frame in twice because straps torn during hauling meat. That’s the price I pay for buying the lightest weight pack I guess…