Kifaru LPP- Full vs Half Zip

Wanting to try a LPP. I’m planning on going with the half zip but I’m also open to the full zip. Anyone who’s owned one have any feedback?

Jeaves1

FNG
I have the 1/2 zip and love it. I like the pouch in the front that serves as a warm spot to put your hands when it’s cold and windy as I don’t like wearing gloves unless it’s really cold.

OP
DakotaBPNW
I have the 1/2 zip and love it. I like the pouch in the front that serves as a warm spot to put your hands when it’s cold and windy as I don’t like wearing gloves unless it’s really cold.
That’s what mostly draws me to the 1/2 zip, I like the kangaroo pouch for my hands. I really don’t like to keep anything else in my pockets

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 1/2 zip and I love it, for the same reason as you guys stated, the through kangaroo pouch is awesome for warmer hands compared to a full zip that cuts it in half. I beat the hell out of it this last colorado 2nd elk season, used it up at 12,000 feet in the wilderness with continuous snow and wind with single digits, all the way down to 7000ft juniper/sage country and it performed extremely well. Was a little nervous when I was beatin Sage brush down as I use puffies mostly as an outer layer but it held up awesome, will never leave the house without it, want to buy a full zip just for running around town now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the 1/2 zip due to the pouch. Only thing to consider with the 1/2 zip is it can be more "difficult" to put on/off with a bino harness vs. the full zip. If purchasing again, I'd still buy the 1/2

I just recently received the full zip LPP and have been happy with it so far. We've had temps as low as -15 in Nebraska this past week and it kept me reasonably warm with minimal layering (mostly worn on trips to and from work and my house). I've never liked pullovers as they mess up my hair. :)

jpmulk

WKR
I also have the half zip and am happy with it. The only downside to the half zip is you can’t just slide it over your shoulder real quick when glassing or stopping briefly if you are wearing your chest rig(gun, binos, range finder etc) but, I think the half zip is warmer and I’d rather have the half than the full

CiK01

WKR
I need a jacket that vents. I find the 1/2 too hot sometimes and I can’t vent enough. I’ll be looking for a full zip soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

WKR
Love the full zip and love the 1/2 zip. I use both depending on the circumstance. If I am going to spend a bunch of time stationary and exposed while glassing, I use the 1/2 zip. If I plan to be moving a lot and I don’t want to take off the bino harness, I bring the full zip.

I bought the 1/2 zip and returned it for the full zip. The full zip is easier to get in and out of. It is also easier to vent. I did like the kangaroo pocket on the 1/2 zip but like the full zip overall.

I only have the half zip, but it’s a great jacket, possibly the best puffy on the market for coastal environments, I wear mine a lot in the colder months, and even spring bear hunting often when I’m sitting on a high windy ridge in the evenings

OP
DakotaBPNW
I only have the half zip, but it’s a great jacket, possibly the best puffy on the market for coastal environments, I wear mine a lot in the colder months, and even spring bear hunting often when I’m sitting on a high windy ridge in the evenings
It seems like it’ll be perfect for Oregon. I end up shredding down jackets and they always end up wet anyways