Kifaru paratarp

Bcorn

FNG
Going solo this year early season Colorado elk, so I don't want to haul my sawtooth around so I'm thinking paratarp any opinions. I'm a little concerned about not being able to get an annex for it and being able to close it up in bad weather.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How many days do you intend to use it? It’s really handy, light, compact, etc, but also pretty cramped so might drive you nuts after a couple nights. Can’t sit up, need to dress and put on boots while lying down. I crawl in backward to avoid having to turn around to get into my sleeping bag. It would be better if you could hang it rather than use poles. I never use a pole at the foot but instead put the pole outside and run a guy line over it; more inside room this way.

I don’t mind for a couple nights but I’d use my super tarp or tipi for any longer.

OP
B

Bcorn

FNG
I go in intending to stay 4 days and if I don't find elk I head out spend a night in town and go to spot b and so on . So I would probably be in it for 3 to 4 nights. I really enjoy my sawtooth but I plan on hunting with my camp on my back this year and not having a base camp. So I'm trying to shave some weight.

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
There are some very good ideas on the DIY section that talk about making a closure for the paratarp, just about everyone knows someone who can sew. I have a paratarp and it looks like it would be easy to sew Velcro on and attach either mesh or nylon to close it up.