Kifaru Pouch on EXO K4 Belt?

Has anyone put Kifaru belt pouches on a K4 belt? Want some bigger pockets than what EXO offers. Don’t know if they would be compatible.

Thanks.

sivart

WKR
Not sure, but I really prefer the EXO pouch. You can zip and unzip w/ one hand. a lot more thought was put into the design. I do wish they made diff size options.

Some that Ive used that you might look into....

The kifaru Nav Pouch works and you can open/close with one hand. The admin pouch is a bit too small. Hill People Gear GPP pouch would work as well in medium. Direct Action NVG Pouch is about the size of the kifaru small belt pouch, but the zippers work better for 1 hand opening. And the Marsupial padded belt pouch would also work, its the most rigid of the ones I listed, and probably wont hold a ton, but a phone map compass would be fine. Mystery Ranch large forager pocket, but the zipper location on that one might be a non starter.

ChrisAU

WKR
Yes, a buddy used my medium X-pac pouch in CO on his a few weeks ago. The Kifaru pouch is just a bit wider than optimal but works, bunches up a tiny bit between the molle slots. My favorite I've found is the Marsupial stretch pouches. Open/close with one hand, but more capacity and lighter than the Exo pouches. Looks right at home too.

9ZEZ1vD.jpg

OP
E
Yes, a buddy used my medium X-pac pouch in CO on his a few weeks ago. The Kifaru pouch is just a bit wider than optimal but works, bunches up a tiny bit between the molle slots. My favorite I've found is the Marsupial stretch pouches. Open/close with one hand, but more capacity and lighter than the Exo pouches. Looks right at home too.

9ZEZ1vD.jpg
I'll have to check those out. Thanks

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider

9ZEZ1vD.jpg
Are those the large size marsupial pouches?

ChrisAU

WKR
Are those the large size marsupial pouches?

Yep the large is a 4 molle row pouch which is what is in the pic. The small is a 3 row, I used it on the other side to leave the most rearward column of molle open which I used for one end of the Exo rifle carrier lower piece in conjunction with a Kifaru upper gun bearer piece. I have the Exo upper piece installed as well so I can switch it back and forth easily by just rotating the one strap on the lower from the most rearward molle column to the bottom of the bag.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Yep the large is a 4 molle row pouch which is what is in the pic. The small is a 3 row, I used it on the other side to leave the most rearward column of molle open which I used for one end of the Exo rifle carrier lower piece in conjunction with a Kifaru upper gun bearer piece. I have the Exo upper piece installed as well so I can switch it back and forth easily by just rotating the one strap on the lower from the most rearward molle column to the bottom of the bag.
Cheers thanks! I was looking at my medium kifaru belt pouch the other day and didn't think it would be a great fit on a K4, but I like the size of it. These look like a solid choice.

Genuine question of curiosity... what are you guys putting in the larger pouches?
Headlamp, salt tabs, a plastic phone bag for rain, sometimes a small handheld flashlight.
I also use one of the big Fenix headlamps blood trailing or shed season.

This year we gutted and loaded several animals whole so my havalon and xtra blades.

I wouldn't mind having room for my beanie/earband/fingerless gloves.

I really want to see the ammo carrier come back.

Really I should use 2 belt pouches but I refuse to use one on the right side.

I hate the inreach holder on the shoulder strap, it catches my vision and drives me nuts.

Maybe I'd use a Reed holder there but that's about it.

sivart

WKR
snacks, turkey calls (slate call w/ striker), gloves, stocking hat, steripen, drink mix, TP, headlamp

i think that's it...lol

I pretty much spent the entire season wishing the lid was bigger as well.
Especially when thinking about crib and lid only.

Have you ever prototype a lid where the outside panel was stretch?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Genuine question of curiosity... what are you guys putting in the larger pouches?
Headlamp, buff, bug headnet in early season, sunglasses, chapstick, maybe some gummy bears if I'll be hiking for a while and want a snack handy without taking my pack off. I like space to jam Mechanix gloves or my beanie when i take them off instead of a sweaty pocket. I was keeping my outdoorsmans bino post in there.

Not necessarily all at once...

ChrisAU

WKR

Gloves, beanie, lightweight neck gaiter. Things I want to remove or put on while on the go. I'll often start hiking layered for how warm I know I'll eventually be but those added to hands and head for the cold at the start. Not stopping to stuff those in a pack.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@ChrisAU , @Grady.J , @Eastonsgrandpa , @BRTreedogs , @sivart , thanks for the feedback guys. We have never been a fan of big pouches on the hipbelt, as there are downsides to too much weight that can affect the performance of the hipbelt, plus they can get in the way of natural hiking motion. That's just our take though.

For a lot of the items you guys mentioned — especially things like gloves, beanies, and a headlamp — I agree that it is nice to be able to store/access those items on the go. That is one of the primary reasons we created the new front-facing compartment of the lower stretch pockets on K4.

k4-feature-lower-quick_1445x.jpg

Most things I carry in my bino harness (diaphragm calls, windicator, chapstick, earplugs, binos, rangefinder, InReach, lens cloth, probar/snack, ammo pouc.)

Left waist belt pouch: headlamp, more snacks.

Right waist belt pouch: opposite weight gloves from what I am wearing, beanie if wearing a hat, head/neck baclava

I think the pouch sizes are perfect for my needs.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I run two Kifaru mini belt pouches on my hip belt and they fit perfect. I tried a small Kifaru belt pouch, but it was too big for my liking.

6.5x284

WKR
I run 6 extra rounds of ammo in the OG exo holder and a Pro Max iphone with Ollin adapter. The phone with adapter makes it tight. It fits, but it's tight. Definitely not a drop in and zip closed fit.