Kifaru Pouch on EXO K4 Belt?

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
@ChrisAU , @Grady.J , @Eastonsgrandpa , @BRTreedogs , @sivart , thanks for the feedback guys. We have never been a fan of big pouches on the hipbelt, as there are downsides to too much weight that can affect the performance of the hipbelt, plus they can get in the way of natural hiking motion. That's just our take though.

For a lot of the items you guys mentioned — especially things like gloves, beanies, and a headlamp — I agree that it is nice to be able to store/access those items on the go. That is one of the primary reasons we created the new front-facing compartment of the lower stretch pockets on K4.

k4-feature-lower-quick_1445x.jpg
I understand these pockets but how well do they allow you to stash if you have a 48 oz nalgene? In my K3 I carried a 48oz each side and then a Kifaru nalgene carrier with a 32 for mixed drinks. Also putting my headlamp in a non zippered pocket is asking for disaster. Zippers for those little things youll never realize they fell out.

My belt poocket: Backup headlamp, Salt chews, gloves, calls.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I understand these pockets but how well do they allow you to stash if you have a 48 oz nalgene? In my K3 I carried a 48oz each side and then a Kifaru nalgene carrier with a 32 for mixed drinks. Also putting my headlamp in a non zippered pocket is asking for disaster. Zippers for those little things youll never realize they fell out.

My belt poocket: Backup headlamp, Salt chews, gloves, calls.
The K4 pockets are designed differently, and we also have a separate Nalgene holder now. The pocket I mentioned above (and show in the photo) is incredibly secure. You can cartwheel all day and your headlamp isn’t coming out.

I guess I have a dissenting view on hip belt pouches, I don’t run any of my K4. But I put a lot of the items mentioned above (beanie, gloves, headlamp, snacks) in the forward facing rear stretch pocket and love the way it works. Was a little concerned about security at first but have never had issues with anything falling out

I guess I have a dissenting view on hip belt pouches, I don’t run any of my K4. But I put a lot of the items mentioned above (beanie, gloves, headlamp, snacks) in the forward facing rear stretch pocket and love the way it works. Was a little concerned about security at first but have never had issues with anything falling out
Haha ohh I wish I still had good shoulders.

I would take medication for me to to get something in that pocket while wearing the pack.

#ow that hurts

Yeah fair point, I have two sets of stays and it’s definitely much harder to reach in there with the 26.5” stays compared to the 24”

fishslap

WKR
I put a large kifaru pouch on my k4 during my 4th rifle mule deer hunt. I like to keep my spartan bipod in there for quick access. No issues. I used to also keep my wiggies waders in that pouch on my kifaru pack, but I moved them the stash pocket on the k4. I also ran the kifaru gun bearer with no problems. Next year I’ll keep the exo gun carrier on also for sketchy hikes in and out. Got a couple hind quarters and day gear in the pack below.
IMG_8708.jpeg

Nwpez

FNG
Slightly off topic but has anyone tried to mount a pistol holster to the upper Molly on the shoulder straps or is it too flimsy? I hate banging into my holster on my hip with my bow, thinking of options.

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Slightly off topic but has anyone tried to mount a pistol holster to the upper Molly on the shoulder straps or is it too flimsy? I hate banging into my holster on my hip with my bow, thinking of options.
I don’t know if it will work for you but I run a Razco holster under my Bino harness and love it.

OP
E
I agree with the comment above. Keep the sidearm under your bino harness. If you drop your pack for a stalk, the pistol stays with you. I use the Marsupial under harness holsters on both of my harnesses.

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the comment above. Keep the sidearm under your bino harness. If you drop your pack for a stalk, the pistol stays with you. I use the Marsupial under harness holsters on both of my harnesses.
I also learned with this last year, attach your Inreach mini and phone to your Bino pouch. Dropped my pack for a stalk and lost my comms as well as onX ability because my Inreach and phone were attached to my k3.

Nwpez

FNG
I’ll take a closer look into Razco. I run a kuiu bino harness wish I would have gone marsupial for ease of compatibility to holster options. Thanks