Kifaru Shape Charge

sivart

WKR
looking for a daypack for sept elk hunting. I've decided I'm not going to carry a meat hauler when I'm day hunting from the truck. I prefer the lower profile of the day pack.

For those who have used the shape charge, what are your thoughts? Are there any other brands/models you would recommend?

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I love my shape charge with the sherman pocket attached. I don't need the extra space the sherman provides, but I like the ease of access it gives. But I am a whitetail hunter so I probably cant give you any specifics as it relates to elk hunting.

I have a shape charge with a Sherman in my truck everyday for work. I love it. I bought a different brand 2300 pack for light and fast day hunting for elk season 2 years ago and quickly sold it. I love the shape charge and it's big brother the 44 mag!

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Will the compression straps really compress the flop out of the bag with it has very little day gear in the bag? I could not use the stryker, as with the k clips, I could not get the bag to compress tight enough when the bag was fairly empty.

Will the compression straps really compress the flop out of the bag with it has very little day gear in the bag? I could not use the stryker, as with the k clips, I could not get the bag to compress tight enough when the bag was fairly empty.
Yes sir it's really a different animal than the floppyness of the Stryker. The one thing I have learned is not to overload the lid, with the rest of the pack near empty because it creates awkwardness. I am home today let me know if you want some pictures.

fatlander

WKR
The shapecharge is an amazing pack. I use it for travel, whitetail, turkeys, and summertime overnighters with the Sherman. It’ll serve you well as a true day pack. Zero flop when cinched down. Make sure you get the Omni belt. You can also get a little meat off the mountain as well. I’ve had about 40 pounds in mine and it wasn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Thanks guys. If you could be so kind to post pics of what it looks like fully compressed with an empty bag? I'm about the pull the trigger.

So that's the shape charge with or without the Sherman, mine has a large belt pouch on the outside and a medium on the inside, plus the chamber pocket. I typically keep the extra straps and buckles that came with the Sherman and the omni belt, drink mix, batteries pistol and extra mag for edc. So it's never ever empty. Except for these pics. Lol

So that's the shape charge with or without the Sherman, mine has a large belt pouch on the outside and a medium on the inside, plus the chamber pocket. I typically keep the extra straps and buckles that came with the Sherman and the omni belt, drink mix, batteries pistol and extra mag for edc. So it's never ever empty. Except for these picsPXL_20210418_000409801.jpgPXL_20210418_000400517.jpg

D_Eightch

WKR
I've run my shape charge on my frame and wouldn't hesitate to take it out on day or an overnight trip planning on bringing back meat. With the amount of attachment points you should have no concerns with being able to secure the load. Great pack, like others have said the big brother 44 mag is awesome for extended trips.

RBTX

FNG
I really like my shape charge for EDC. I use it when traveling with the chamber slider for the computer. I used for a few aoudad hunts then put it on my frame for a few more hunts. Then I ordered the stryker XL to run for aoudad hunts and put the shape charge back to EDC duties.

Thinking about picking up a shape charge for EDC/fishing pack, as well as an overnight/two night backpacking pack for the girlfriend. Do you think it could comfortably carry two nights with of stuff split between two people?

Thinking about picking up a shape charge for EDC/fishing pack, as well as an overnight/two night backpacking pack for the girlfriend. Do you think it could comfortably carry two nights with of stuff split between two people?

So essentially you need the shapecharge to carry 1 nights worth of gear?

Definitely will do that. 2 full nights in 1 shapecharge, meh just depends how minimalist you go, where you put your sleep system etc.

Llama32

WKR
The shapecharge is an amazing pack. I use it for travel, whitetail, turkeys, and summertime overnighters with the Sherman. It’ll serve you well as a true day pack. Zero flop when cinched down. Make sure you get the Omni belt. You can also get a little meat off the mountain as well. I’ve had about 40 pounds in mine and it wasn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice to know