Kifaru woobie

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about ordering one. If you own one are they worth the money? Pros/cons?

I love mine. Have loved the concept for +25 years going back to the old poncho liner in my army days.

It isn’t cheap but I think it is worth the $$. As far as weight, I think you can do better on a warmth for weight basis with a more fully functional sleeping bag - ie for the same 2# you could have a 20* down mummy bag - but for a camp blanket, truck blanket, 50* or higher sleep blanket, it is great. Apex insulation and pretty durable shell is zero maintenance and dries fast if you get it wet. I have used mine from a supplement a sleeping bag in cold weather to sporting events.

I wish kifaru would give it the serape treatment like hill people gear or this guy from helicon to make it more “wearable” so it would be even better as a glassing blanket and earl morning overcoat. Just don’t do what I did last year and get so comfy a group of does walks right up to your glassing spot while you are snoozing away.

I got the thicker/heavier Doobie. I’ve used it a couple times only. Sure it’s warm but pretty bulky to pack.

I like it but generally use my Milsurp Poncho liner more ( camping in the summer).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beckjhong

WKR
It depends on your use. I think it’s worth it on sale or secondhand. I compared it to a bunch of the other outdoor blankets (rumpl, klymit, nemo). It’s comparable if not slightly lower weight. More water resistance than the competition. And you get the edge paracord loops.

I’ve used it in the truck, around home, and nearby glassing. Also used it as my only sleeping cover on a summer backpacking trip in the bighorns (hot enough that it wasn’t appealing to start the stove in the AM). I don’t take it in addition to a sleeping bag, and rarely take it on day hunts if I’m moving far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
I love mine. Have loved the concept for +25 years going back to the old poncho liner in my army days.

It isn’t cheap but I think it is worth the $$. As far as weight, I think you can do better on a warmth for weight basis with a more fully functional sleeping bag - ie for the same 2# you could have a 20* down mummy bag - but for a camp blanket, truck blanket, 50* or higher sleep blanket, it is great. Apex insulation and pretty durable shell is zero maintenance and dries fast if you get it wet. I have used mine from a supplement a sleeping bag in cold weather to sporting events.

I wish kifaru would give it the serape treatment like hill people gear or this guy from helicon to make it more “wearable” so it would be even better as a glassing blanket and earl morning overcoat. Just don’t do what I did last year and get so comfy a group of does walks right up to your glassing spot while you are snoozing away.

Do you have any experience with the Helicon tex stuff? I've looked at their stuff a few times and it looks like decent materials at good prices.

lkwoolsey

WKR
I love mine. I use it almost exclusively anymore. I have the heavier one, the Doobie. I like it because it's fairly versatile, I got used to using my woobie back in the army so I like the familiarity, I can't sleep in a normal mummy bag anymore, and when my 5 year old comes hunting with me, I don't worry about packing another bag, just an extra mat, because we both fit under it with room to spar just fine.

Do you have any experience with the Helicon tex stuff? I've looked at their stuff a few times and it looks like decent materials at good prices.

Not that product but I have a couple of their jackets. I think they are pretty well made and getting a good following among the bushcraft crowd. I will probably buy one sooner or later to try it out.

NoWiser

WKR
I use mine almost every day around the house and bring it on every trip I go on. The insulation is breaking down after many years and I think I’ll make my own to replace it.

rob86jeep

WKR
I use mine all the time during the winter around the house. It's used as a couch blanket, stroller blanket for the kids on walks, and an emergency blanket for the car. I bring it camping too to use around camp at night or stuffed in my bivy/on my bag to supplement my sleep system. There's probably some backpack hunts I would consider brining it on, but not many. For how much I use it around the house, I'm considering getting the doobie too though.

I love mine, and have convinced several others to buy them.
This weekend, on a 16 hour road trip, I threw it onto the lady friend so I could keep the cab of the truck cold and keep me awake while she slept.
Mine stays in the truck. It comes out every time someone sitting around the campfire or pick nick gets cold.

I’ve used it over sleeping bags when the bag was outclassed by the weather, inside sleeping bags when my ground pad popped and I was freezing, and when glassing in the wind.

My woobie is badass, and combined with a Paratarp, would make an unplanned overnight damn near luxurious

OP
Sportsman247

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Ordered and looking forward to getting it.