Kimber Montana 2006 year - good or bad?

Been looking for a Montana in 300 wsm for awhile now and finally have one on the way. Serial number (13k) says it was made in 2006. Looks to have aftermarket brake. Gray stock not bluish.

I’ve read about some of the issues in the past pointing to certain years.

Anyone know if 2006 was a problem year?

Thanks

Don’t plan to do too much work / customization if it shoots well as is.

I bought same about that time and it was perfect right out of the box. I bought a box of Federal ammo 180 TSX and never changed as it was so good. I took moose, grizzlies, caribou and dall sheep with it before selling to my surgeon buddy as he didn't have time to play with guns. He took a brown bear with it before taking it to Africa twice. It's still going strong.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be taking ownership of the rifle now.

In talking with CS they stated that since the brake is aftermarket, if I ever sent the rifle back to Kimber they would have to return it to it’s factory condition first (basically replace barrel) at cost to me (roughly $500), before they would do any other work, etc.

Why would you send a rifle back to Kimber? They have the worst CS known to man.
Any decent gunsmith could work on the rifle.
How many used rifles have you ever sent back to the OEM?

I guess I just don’t get your thought process, or why would have talked to Kimber in the first place. Maybe there is more to the story.

Ran the serial # through them to see if it had ever been sent back for work or anything. Was also told from seller the brake was factory which also didn’t make sense with the stock color, date of manufacture, etc. The $500 to have them even look at the gun IF ever sent back was sort of the icing on the cake.

Back