Kings Camo XKG Down Jacket - anyone have experience here?

Would love to know if the jacket is comparable to the Grumman, SD Pro, or other backpacking branded premium jackets like Cerium/Thorium, Down Hoody, etc.

I have an XKG and a Grumman. Warmth is about equal between them. The Grumman is lighter by a couple ounces and packs alot smaller. However the XKG does have 2 chest pockets and a more adjustable hood along with a waist cinch cord. The XKG fit is alot looser than the Grumman as well. I prefer the Grumman for a layering piece and the XKG for an outer piece. I can post some pics later.

Venom One

WKR
I have the KINGS CAMO XKG DOWN HOODED TRANSITION JACKET 800 FILL. If this is the jacket you're referring to, it's a really nice jacket. It's very light and "puffy" and does a great job of keeping the warm in and cold out. I wore it a few days ago in a biting wind and was surprised at how effective it was at completely blocking any penetration. No wind got thru to my skin (wearing a short sleeve T-shirt) and I didn't feel any change in warmth between wind gusts. The outer shell is very thin nylon so I doubt it'll hold up to any abuse; but this is probably true of all packable puffy's.

I believe that King's XKG line of clothing provides an incredible amount of value. IMO the XKG line competes with the top brands in quality, but without the premium price.

Heres the weight and size of each packed down and the Grumman laid over the XKG. As you can see the sleeves and waist on the XKG are longer and wider. The Grumman is more of an athletic cut.

Attachments

• 20230213_055701.jpg
    20230213_055701.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20230213_055645.jpg
    20230213_055645.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230213_055630.jpg
    20230213_055630.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 20230213_060848.jpg
    20230213_060848.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 115
I have the KINGS CAMO XKG DOWN HOODED TRANSITION JACKET 800 FILL. If this is the jacket you're referring to, it's a really nice jacket. It's very light and "puffy" and does a great job of keeping the warm in and cold out. I wore it a few days ago in a biting wind and was surprised at how effective it was at completely blocking any penetration. No wind got thru to my skin (wearing a short sleeve T-shirt) and I didn't feel any change in warmth between wind gusts. The outer shell is very thin nylon so I doubt it'll hold up to any abuse; but this is probably true of all packable puffy's.

I believe that King's XKG line of clothing provides an incredible amount of value. IMO the XKG line competes with the top brands in quality, but without the premium price.
I would agree with this .

OP
B
Maybe a better way to frame a question would be - if you had to speed walk through a narrow animal trail within a large berry or thorn bush and then use the jacket for another year or two would you rather be wearing the XKG or SG? Why do I feel nervous the SG is going to tear? I feel the same way when wearing the Patagonia hoody Also

Venom One

WKR
Maybe a better way to frame a question would be - if you had to speed walk through a narrow animal trail within a large berry or thorn bush and then use the jacket for another year or two would you rather be wearing the XKG or SG? Why do I feel nervous the SG is going to tear? I feel the same way when wearing the Patagonia hoody Also

I wouldn't subject any down puffy to those conditions and expect it to survive. Throw on a hard shell over your puffy and you'd be good.

The Kings jacket is on camofire again today. That's where I grabbed mine from. Pretty good deal imo.

The Kings jacket is on camofire again today. That's where I grabbed mine from. Pretty good deal imo.
How much did you snag it for? I went to buy one on clearance somewhere else and went back tonight and it was gone. Just curious what I can expect to get one for on Camo Fire if they go back on. Thanks.

I got one a couple years ago on a really good price. It’s thin and will need a shell if hiking anything thick

How much did you snag it for? I went to buy one on clearance somewhere else and went back tonight and it was gone. Just curious what I can expect to get one for on Camo Fire if they go back on. Thanks.
It was $214.99 when I got it. I saw it was $199.99 the other day. That's a great deal imo.