Knee Scope

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently sitting on the couch after having a knee scope this morning. I had to have some clean up done and some micro fracture repair. This all stems from being on large amounts of Prednisone in my 20's due to ulcerative colitis. Colitis has been in remission for over 6 years so that's great.
My real question is for you guys that have had a procedure done like this before. How quick of a turn around did you have until you were back out in the field without pain? I stay active and the Dr said I could get on the recumbent bike in 4-5 days.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
had it in my 20s in February. Did the Physical Therapy, and was working out lower body at the gym about 6 weeks mark (long time ago, so approx). Was in the hills that summer like a wild man. Just be careful and remember "progressive overload" and ice are your friends

good luck!

Had mine scoped in college 1 week before fall practice started. 3-4 weeks in I was playing on the field again.

I need another one done on my other knee. Last guy I know that had it done was almost 100% in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had it done in my 20s, I did wild land firefighting back then and was a lot tougher than I am now. I showed up to training 3 weeks after getting scoped and roughed it out.

I don’t think I could do that now in my mid 40s. I say take care of it and follow the proper rehab protocol.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I had my right knee scoped when I was 18. Up and at em in a month.
Had my left knee scoped when I was 56, two years ago. both sides totally torn, worn out from running etc....
The second one took a lot longer to recover from. I quit running and now just walk. Sucks sometimes, I miss the fun and carefree feeling of just running.

sndmn11

WKR
I had it done as what was thought to be an aide to a meniscus repair, that I went into thinking would be a partial meniscectomy. It didn't work and I had went back in a few months later for the partial meniscectomy. These were surgeries number 1 and 2 on that knee, and I think I've had 4-5 more partial meniscectomies on it.

My other knee never had the micro fracture and has been a-ok after 1 partial, and that was the first knee surgery of all of them.

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
With the meniscectomy/clean up you had done, you could be back to normal within a couple days. However, the microfracture takes much longer depending on the size of the defect it’s intended to replace. The goal of that is essentially to get a blood clotting to form which later fills in with fibrocartilage. The whole process takes about 4 months so I’d take it easy for that amount of time at least.