Anyone use Peleton or similar style bike?

sneaky

"DADDY"
We have a nordictrack s22i and it is a decent bike, much better than the standard peloton bike. That said, I don't like it because you can only use the IFit stuff. Had I known what I know now, I would have saved a bunch of money because we later picked up a Stages SB20. Way more than I ever would have bought but my wife got it for me for xmas. Thing is killer. I run it on Zwift but you can shift gears, has a freewheel, has brakes (for some apps they work) and rides like a real bike. A bit more money than a peloton, but I have seen them on sale for approx the same price. I have 3000+ "miles" on mine in two years. I still prefer outdoors on the MTB but this is a nice 2nd. We also do weekly "group" rides with buddies and conference while riding. FWIW, it can also be set up with MTB bars and shifters to mimic your real bike.

View attachment 676363
When Nordictrack went from the rear mounted flywheels to the front flywheels the bikes changed dramatically. I was a service tech for them for almost 9 years. I've seen every iteration of their bikes. Peletons are decent bikes with a really good workout suite, and zero in field service available, unless they've changed that in the past few months.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I have. And it didn't do a damn thing except make my wallet lighter. I raced road and mtn bikes for years and had zero issues setting up my own bikes. I was disappointed with what I thought would be an improvement in fit. It was one of the worst things I've ever spent money on. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I rode a mountain bike a fair bit in my 20s and never had a need for a bike fit, but after years of abusing my body, that changed. I picked up a road bike in my 40s largely to help with a multi-ligament knee injury (acl, mcl, pcl, lcl) and cartilage. I am bone on bone and my acl is lax - I need another acl recon and a partial knee replacement. I also have some fused vertebrae from a broken neck. Busted up shoulders too. Before a proper fit, I couldn’t ride for long without bad, persistent pain. Now 100 mile, 10,000 vertical foot rides are doable. if op has a bad knee injury and the purpose of riding is to address the knee, a proper bike fit would probably be very important. A good bike fit was absolutely necessary for me - I would’ve sold my bike without it. Maybe op is a former bike racer like you and doesn’t need any help or maybe he is like me and would benefit from a pro helping him with biomechanics.

OP
R

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with the echelon brand machines and programs? We get a bit of a discount on them through work but dont know anyone who has one.

Sbird2019

FNG
I like the peloton a lot more than I thought I would. Low impact and good for low motivation days. Just pick what kind of music you’re feeling that day, and don’t look at the difficulty of the ride. Some days the ride will be easier, some days harder. It’s a mixed bag, big you can always challenge yourself.

If you really want to punish yourself though, get a Rogue Echo bike. Humbling to say the least. Good luck lasting 10 minutes

j_volt

WKR
I have a Peloton and I am a fan. It’s an @$$ kicker if you want it to be. Don’t forget the $44/month fee on top of buying the bike.

Peloton stock topped out over $150 during the pandemic and is trading for $4 today. I can’t imagine the future for Peloton is bright, and likely will be acquired soon (best case scenario). I wouldn’t be in a hurry to buy one now that the competition has caught up.