Knife recommendations

bohica17

FNG
I’ve been using a Gerber Gatormate folding knife for close to 20 years. The majority of the animals I’ve dealt with are skinned and deboned on the spot and packed out. I use a scalpel for caping work.
I’m not a knife guy so it’s all I’ve ever used, but getting tired of having to sharpen the Gerber constantly. I’d like to get a high quality blade that will hold an edge better. I’m considering switching to a small fixed blade and would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
I’ve been using a Gerber Gatormate folding knife for close to 20 years. The majority of the animals I’ve dealt with are skinned and deboned on the spot and packed out. I use a scalpel for caping work.
I’m not a knife guy so it’s all I’ve ever used, but getting tired of having to sharpen the Gerber constantly. I’d like to get a high quality blade that will hold an edge better. I’m considering switching to a small fixed blade and would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
This cheap old timer has become my favorite for deer. I also carry a sawzall with a metal cutting blade for rib cage if not mounting and the pelvic bone. You won’t believe how fast it makes everything.

Attachments

• 6B077AB3-585A-485B-B0A0-6D14653DCD2F.png
    6B077AB3-585A-485B-B0A0-6D14653DCD2F.png
    414.2 KB · Views: 25

Pankowsj

FNG
I’ve got an ESEE Ashley Game Knife. It’s definitely my favorite of what I’ve been carrying over the years.