Knight cleaning

robwill54

FNG
I have shot a Triumph Bone Collector for many years with Blackhorn powder. Cleaning is a breeze. Currently considering a Knight Ultra Lite(like half the forum members) but I'm concerned about cleaning. Do you guys break the barreled action out of the stock to clean it? And how about the bolt and receiver? I'm just used to the break open design and wondering how it compares to the Knight. Thanks in advance for your experience.

Bob

AH64guy

FNG
You’re going want to pull the bolt and breech plug - the bolt has quick pull pin in the bolt stop that lets it come out, and the breech plug wrench will spin the breech plug out - you’ll most likely need to pull the bolt stop pin to get the wrench past it. You may need to pull the trigger to let the bolt slide past the trigger group sear.

There’s a hundred opinions on the “best way” to clean a muzzleloader - if you’ve been cleaning a muzzleloader already, it won’t be much different from you’re already doing.

I don’t take my barrel out of the stock, but it’s one bolt if you decide to. I use a Traditions cleaning can that you can drop the breech plug in and shake it up. I use a 20 gauge “bore-snake” on the barrel - it’s a tight fit for a .50 bore, but it’s one - two passes and done. Breech plug cleaning is no different to me - threads, channels, etc - YMMV.

Dented

WKR
AH64 nailed it. It's a really easy job to clean them. I've never taken the barrel out of the stock.

Sabotloader has a step by step posted somewhere for a really thorough cleaning. Go read his posts, he's a muzzle loader guru.

OP
R

robwill54

FNG
AH64 nailed it. It's a really easy job to clean them. I've never taken the barrel out of the stock.

Sabotloader has a step by step posted somewhere for a really thorough cleaning. Go read his posts, he's a muzzle loader guru.
Thanks guys that’s a big help! I will search Sabotloader’s threads.