Knight muzzleloader options.

Bmcghan22

So I live and hunt in Washington. I’ve been looking into knight muzzleloader and love that they are 100% made in America. I’ve been looking into the ultra lite and was wondering if it’s worth it to shave the extra pounds or if Knight makes a more accurate dependable muzzleloader. Also since I don’t have much experience with new muzzleloaders any recommendations for powder bullet combos for knight muzzleloaders would be much appreciated.

ole hunter

I'VE had 3 different brand's of muzzleloaders CVA Traditions and Knight , I played the field with them looking for the one I liked the best, I'm hard to please and know it won't settle for 2nd place ,,My Knight Ultra Lite isn't going any where . I like how it shoots , how it feels , quality all the way , I have been shooting a 460gr BULL SHOP bullet with 80 gr 3f t7 powder .The gun shoots better than I can hold it . So by the time I bought the other 2 guns I could have bought the Knight,

sabotloader

Bmcghan22 I would second exactly what Ole hunter has suggested.

The one other thing I would add - I really would go with the Nitride finish. It is SO protective of the metal it is well worth the extra $ from the Stainless Steel - which is really good in itself.

OP
B

Bmcghan22

Bmcghan22 I would second exactly what Ole hunter has suggested.

The one other thing I would add - I really would go with the Nitride finish. It is SO protective of the metal it is well worth the extra $ from the Stainless Steel - which is really good in itself.

Right on thanks for your input. Yeah with coastal hunting in Washington I had all ready decided that if I got one I’d go nitride finish plus I don’t like the flashy stainless look.