Knight Ultralight cleaning

Jfujan

FNG
Having trouble getting all the residue off of the 90 degree flat surface where the breech plug and barrel meet. Shooting triple 7. Everything cleans up great with 91% Isopropyll alcohol besides this last bit. Tried spinning a wire brush on it and doubling up on patches with no luck. What's the best way to clean this? 35403-f701588507c5951eb6f483c6decb57b8.jpeg

Juan_ID

WKR
I just took mine apart and looked in mine, it has a little residue in that location. Seems it’s just hard to remove all the residue from every location on a muzzleloader. All I do is put a nylon shotgun brush with a patch wet with windex and just clean until the patches come out clean. I do push the brush into the barrel some. My rifle is about 8 years old and has been fired several hundred times at this point with my cleaning being less than adequate most of the time, haven’t had any issues yet but 🤷‍♂️.

NE FLORIDA in a small town called Palatka
I have the knight ultra lite mountaineer also. I take the bolt and breech out then take the barrel off the stock. Pour dawn dish soap in the sink and fill it with as hot as water as your hands can stand. Using a 54 cal swap brush I stuck the barrel in the soapy water and push the swap back and forth.

I'll put some drops of soap on the swap if I feel I didn't get enough in the barrel. I have a baby bottle cleaner that I use for the breech plug threads to much sure I get them as clean as possible. For the rest of the receiver I take a shop rag (one or two) and push it in as tight as it will go and twist it around with a screwdriver until it's clean.

I've drain the sink and fill back up with hot water and repeat to get all the soap out of the barrel. For the breech plug I soak it in hydrogen peroxide over time if I'm hunting the next morning if not at least a day then blow out with air hose.

It probably takes me a hour or so to clean the muzzleloader, I've done it this way for 6 years with this one and 15+ with my cva never had any trouble out if either one of them. Hope this helps

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
Using water should help. Especially with 777, alcohol wont soften up the fouling enough so it can wipe off easily. If you get that area damp for a minute it will clean up much easier. I mostly used a toothbrush for cleaning, but this is one of those annoying things about inlines. There isn't a great answer, you just have to get in there and get it. A trick I often use to get into corners is to put a patch on a wood skewer and use that to get into corners, and it might help you here.