Knives Of Alaska

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Ive never used them but have a buddy I backpack with from time to time that carries one and he like them alot. Im an Esee Randalls knife guy myself.

OP
Screaming Bulls
I used my the cleaver/skinning knife on a bear this spring and it worked awesome I think it was called the brown bear cleaver i believe.

I've used the Alpha Wolf for a few years, it's my primary hunting knife. It's dressed out allot of deer.

Mckinnon

WKR
I have the cub bear, like others have said it holds an edge for a long time, but is tough to get one back if you loose it. Handle feels good as well even when wet

chorpie

FNG
I had a couple, but sold them. They were the black plastic/rubber handled ones... scales weren't flush which felt weird in hand. IMO, there are much better knives for that price point that you can get. They cut fine though.

boom

WKR
My alpha wolf is D2 steel. Not my favorite knife. Is rather have sv30 which is easier to sharpen. I don't remember a choice when I bought it.

boom

WKR
My alpha wolf is D2 steel. Not my favorite knife. Is rather have sv30 which is easier to sharpen. I don't remember a choice when I bought it.

I would love to try a new benchmade hunting knife.

I had a choice when I bought mine but had to search a bit. Most only sell the D2 and not the SV30.

boom

WKR
I had a choice when I bought mine but had to search a bit. Most only sell the D2 and not the SV30.

'll probably give mine to my friend's kid.

i lost my sheath, gutting an elk. i ordered a new one..got reamed for $40 ish. and when i got it it, it had a tiny patch of velcro on the loop. super funny looking and just about useless. i dont wear it on my belt so all was okay.

but it did make a mediocre knife even more so with the lame sheath.

AZ Vince

WKR
I tried one of the Knives of Alaska but now I keep it as trading material.
Wasn't impressed with it. Wouldn't hold an edge well nor would it take one. The stock was great however. Talk about no slip when wet with blood.

16Bore

WKR
The ones I've had looked like Ray Charles did the grind. Pathetic. If you want a hell of a deal on S30V blades, look up Joel Clark Knives on Facebook. His stuff is nice and prices are good too. I've been converted to Havalons and haven't looked back. Just picked up a Barrucuta to try as my boning knife instead of Vic's. Only thing I hate worse than cleaning guns is sharpening knives.

But everyone deserves at least on good fixed blade. Joel's will be mine eventually.

boom

WKR
Mine is a good knife. Hard to sharpen if I don't do my part and let it get to dull. I took an elk apart with it. In the end I couldn't put an edge back on. I gave up and gave it to a pro Japanese knife guy. It is soooooo sharp right now. It looks good. Not so sure ill hike after an elk with it.
4y6u2aqa.jpg