kodiak canvas flex bow tent

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure you won't regret your choice. They are really well thought out and well made packages, and their customer service is top notch.

jpmulk

WKR
Ive only experience with the kodiak. Love it. Super fast and easy setup. Durable. Ive stayed in it many nights in negative temps with a little buddy heater and stayed comfy.

Gone4Days

WKR
Well, I think I have decided to go with a Davis wall tent if I can swing the cash. Either the 14X15 or 14X20 and add a rain fly/awning next year. I already have a stand alone awning I use a lot so I can just set it up right in front of the tent. I may get the cook shack next year instead of the awning and then use the one I already have as well. I like the extra space and the sod cloth that secures it to the ground then the floor can set over the top of that. I think their package deals are a great price for everything they include with it.
I had both a Davis tent and Kodiak. I still have the Kodiak and sold the Davis. So much more compact to store and sooooooo much easier to set up.

There’s a huge thread on Kodiak canvas tents. Spend some time there and it will be helpful.

I have a 10x14 and 10x10 and have spent a couple weeks in a Davis tent as well.

The pros are easy to find and repeated by most, but yes, if I had one gripe it is the angled walls. This reduces the usable space quite a bit from what size the footprint is.

The 10x14 works well for 2 guys and a cook set up. With 3 people in camp, I use the 10x10 as the cook tent and the 10x14 as the sleep tent.

If you’re going to consistently have more than 2 people in camp, are ok with the significant increase in weight and set up time, and want a combined sleep/cook/gear storage area, then a Davis wall tent it is.

If I was to do it over again, I’d want to try a Kodiak Cabin tent and a 10x14 flex bow for shorter trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
I bought a 10x14 last year before my Colorado 3rd season hunt and got to use it a bit before that trip. For the money I am very happy, easy to setup solo and plenty of room for 2-3 guys and gear. Biggest factors to me were the price (can get 10% off with sportsman’s coupons) and ease of setup as I hunt a lot solo. I think it shines with 2 people if using cots. I’ve only spent about 10-12 nights in mine so far but looking forward to spending much more time in it this season.
A4F902F8-C2B8-4875-9E77-00898EDCC577.jpeg

Last edited:
I can set up my 10x10 VX in 10-15 minutes by myself. Its very easy.

I’ve got the 10x14 and I don’t think I’ve spent more than 15 minutes ever setting it up, and that was in an extremely rocky area. Most of the time it’s easily up in 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 10x14 wall tent and Springbar tents. My take is the wall tent has double the space inside but takes five times longer to setup. Also the springbar is much easier to heat. I won't likely use my wall tent again unless I need the room and have another adult male to help set it up. I wouldn't hesitate taking the Springbar out for a family weekend trip but not a chance I'd do a wall tent for just the weekend. I'm considering selling my current springbar and get the larger skyliner version

Gone4Days

WKR
I have a 10x14 wall tent and Springbar tents. My take is the wall tent has double the space inside but takes five times longer to setup. Also the springbar is much easier to heat. I won't likely use my wall tent again unless I need the room and have another adult male to help set it up. I wouldn't hesitate taking the Springbar out for a family weekend trip but not a chance I'd do a wall tent for just the weekend. I'm considering selling my current springbar and get the larger skyliner version
This exactly how I felt when I had both. Ended up selling the wall tent.