Kowa’s on eBay

cmill051

FNG
Has anyone purchased a Kowa off of eBay that ships from Japan? Seems to be some good deals to be had but I am afraid it could be a knockoff. Anyone that has experience with one that could comment, that would be great.

I've read the warranty may be void if not purchased in the US. Something worth looking into.

I'm not sure exactly what type of optic you're looking to purchase, but I'd give Doug at CamerlandNy a call before you purchase from overseas.
He has the Genesis 10.5x42 on sale for $850usd....

Cheers

I've looked at those too, but was a little skeptical. So have never ordered anything.

I am interested in upgrading my spotting scope, which led me to finding the Kowa’s on eBay. It does seem that the Japan Kowa’s will not be honored for their warranty. My current spotter is a Cabelas CX-Pro, it has served its purpose but is very lacking in quality. I realize that with good optics comes more money, just trying to find the best deal.

Im not sure about warranty but I bought my first kowa off ebay from japan, zero issues just took a little extra time in shipping

Before buying one off ebay, I recommend calling s&s archery and asking what price they could do on what you're looking for, i got my last kowa spotter and some swaros from them and Rob hooked me up for being a rokslide member

I am interested in upgrading my spotting scope, which led me to finding the Kowa’s on eBay. It does seem that the Japan Kowa’s will not be honored for their warranty. My current spotter is a Cabelas CX-Pro, it has served its purpose but is very lacking in quality. I realize that with good optics comes more money, just trying to find the best deal.

There's a Kowa 663 for sale in the classifieds. I don't know the seller but the price seems fair to me. I bought one for a similar price.

I have tried the CX-Pro and wasn't impressed with it. It wouldn't come to sharp focus at max magnification. The 663 should, and be noticably better, assuming there's nothing wrong with it.

I have seen the 663 in the classifieds and the price does seem fair. Unfortunately, I have not met my requirements for being able to post or respond in classifieds.

Yes. I bought a kowa 774 on ebay from Japan. Other than the 150.00 duty fee fedex hit me with, it was fine.

Great spotter. Wish I would have bought one years ago.

Yes. I bought a kowa 774 on ebay from Japan. Other than the 150.00 duty fee fedex hit me with, it was fine.

Was it new or used, or do you know why duty was charged?

I've seen some of the duty fee warnings, but it doesn't always seem to apply in every case.

Maybe over a certain claimed dollar value?

Was it new or used, or do you know why duty was charged?

I've seen some of the duty fee warnings, but it doesn't always seem to apply in every case.

Maybe over a certain claimed dollar value?
Looked band new to me. Fedex sent me a bill for the duty

Back