Kryptek Altitude Rain Gear Question

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I am finishing up a review on the Altitude Rain gear "Takur" pants and jacket. There is not a lot of info about them. I am looking for anyone else that has used them extensively.

Thanks!

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’m interested in your review. A year ago (maybe longer) I was anxious to see the review of the Bora jacket compared to the Catalyst but never saw itgetpublished. Seems to be very little info on the product. And I haven’t seen much in any of the Altitude line but am considering upgrading to it. Your review will be helpful. Thanks in advance for the info.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wow! No one?
I've got some of their other pieces coming to start trying, the rain gear is definitely on my radar. I know you can be, ummm, tough on gear so I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Just wish you lived somewhere that got enough rain to test it though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Guys see the price and run. That Schoeller fabric is expensive, no matter the manufacturer. Even the climbing companies who do high volume charge a mint for it. Their DWR is ridiculous. I've got the Tora set so far, next will be the Takur jacket.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The Bora softshell DWR is ridiculous almost like a damn rain jacket.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Exactly. Heck, water pools up and runs off on the Tora pants, the Bora and Takur are just insane.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Guys see the price and run. That Schoeller fabric is expensive, no matter the manufacturer. Even the climbing companies who do high volume charge a mint for it. Their DWR is ridiculous. I've got the Tora set so far, next will be the Takur jacket.

This caught my attention but I really cant find and more info on the what or how the Schoeller fabric is made just advertisments of its performance. Is it proprietary or does anyone know about the makeup of the fabric?

sneaky

"DADDY"
This caught my attention but I really cant find and more info on the what or how the Schoeller fabric is made just advertisments of its performance. Is it proprietary or does anyone know about the makeup of the fabric?
It's proprietary. Made in Switzerland. Just google Schoeller C change and you'll pull up into and reviews on other jackets that use it.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate it. Wow if that c-change membrane works as advertised that is pretty amazing. Kryptek does have that video linked. Very interested to hear reviews.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's more reviews on the fabric from the mountaineering side

mrgreen

WKR
Ryan, not trying to rush your review-but are you still impressed by the Takur jacket?

RyanC

WKR
Hey Ryan I wouldn't say I have extensive use but during my 12 day sheep hunt in the brooks range it rained quite a bit.....every day!! My brother wore the Bora jacket while I wore the Takur just to compare the two pieces because we had been told how good the Bora is as a soft shell. You're right the Bora is a phenomenal piece and held it's own for most of the rain storms we found ourselves. But on our pack out back to the air strip it rained for about 9 hours straight and when we finally stopped to set up camp my brother found the inside of the Bora to be a little damp, rain started to get through. The Takur on the other hand was still working perfectly. I was completely dry under my rain jacket. The Takur performed flawlessly and the take away for us was that the Bora was as good as most rain jackets as a Soft Shell, pretty phenomenal. The Takur is hands down the best rain jacket we've ever worn. I have worn a lot of others and after that long in rain, wearing a heavy pack, all of the hiking we did, rain jackets will start to leak......the Takur didn't.

Other than that hunt I haven't really been on a hunt where it rained that much but since 2017 it hasn't let me down.

Let me know if you want any other info Ryan, happy to share.