Kryptek Clothing for 2013

dotman

WKR
How is the fit of Kryptek gear? Also, what is the quality/durability of Kryptek compared to say Russel, KUIU, or Sitka? One big thing for me is having the jackets long enough in the back. How is Kryptek in that aspect? Thanks.

Checkout the kryptek is a sponsor thread, I recently posted up what I thought of the fit of the 2012 Valhalla pant and Vidor vest. I wasn't expecting the fit to be great based on certain comments but overall I'm very pleased with it so I can only assume the 2013 fit will be better. Quality looks to be there in materials and construction but I don't have any time in them to comment on durability. I'm happy with the gear, enough to sell most of my Kuiu

BigSurArcher

Banned
So far I have picked up a Vidar vest and a pair of Alios pants. Now just waiting for them to release a quarter zip Merino longsleeve in Highlander. After that I should be set on clothing for a while since I still like my Core4 stuff, and Highlander looks good mixed/matched with Mountain Mimicry. Did I just say looks good?? This is getting out of hand...

Daniel_M

WKR
So far I have picked up a Vidar vest and a pair of Alios pants. Now just waiting for them to release a quarter zip Merino longsleeve in Highlander. After that I should be set on clothing for a while since I still like my Core4 stuff, and Highlander looks good mixed/matched with Mountain Mimicry. Did I just say looks good?? This is getting out of hand...

Try mixing Vias and Mountain Mimicry. I was once told I committed a fashion faux pas. ;)

BigSurArcher

Banned
Try mixing Vias and Mountain Mimicry. I was once told I committed a fashion faux pas. ;)

Exactly... when phrases like "fashion faux pas" start getting thrown around in the backcountry, you KNOW the clothing companies have us where they want us!

For those that have used them, what about the cadog softshell jacket and pant? I'm thinking about them for my Alaska hunt this September or do you think I'd be better served with something like an Alois pant?

6t4nova

WKR
My cadog jacket just came in tonight. Pretty impressed with it so far. Very quiet and not too heavy on the insulation. Be a great mild weather jacket and in cooler weather I will just wear base layers under it. The material has some stretch to it and the fit was good. I think I'm really going to like it. Now just waiting for June to pick up the 2013 offerings.

Daniel_M

WKR
I think the Cadog would be a good layer if you're active. But, September here in Alaska can be cold. Last fall we had sub or near freezing temps for 12 days with a touch of snow at times.

Easton

FNG
Aron,

Is Kryptek going to put out solid colors? Their 2013 rain pants in OD green or brown would be great. I would be able to use them for work.

Daniel_M

WKR
For those that have used them, what about the cadog softshell jacket and pant? I'm thinking about them for my Alaska hunt this September or do you think I'd be better served with something like an Alois pant?

As luck would have it, Larry Bartlett just became a member. He is one of the most hardcore guys you'll find in Alaska, and he happens to be a Kryptek Prostaff'r. Hit him up and see what he uses in the Kryptek line on his moose hunts.

sneek-ee

WKR
Tall sizing? Something in a 36 inseam would be the cats ass. I can't be runnin' around highwater'n.

+1? will they offer different inseam lengths for us tall folks? only hunting pants i have that are long enough are my Beyond clothing's rough rider (not cheap)!
my kuiu pants don't have a 35" inseam even if they say so.

Whisky

WKR
Jared, or anybody for that matter, can you share anymore info about the Poseidon set?

When will it be available?
Solid colors offered?
Price?

Thanks,
Whisky

Floorguy

WKR
Jared, or anybody for that matter, can you share anymore info about the Poseidon set?

When will it be available?
Solid colors offered?
Price?

Thanks,
Whisky
Looking at June for the poseidon, I asked on facebook a couple weeks ago.

Checkout the kryptek is a sponsor thread, I recently posted up what I thought of the fit of the 2012 Valhalla pant and Vidor vest. I wasn't expecting the fit to be great based on certain comments but overall I'm very pleased with it so I can only assume the 2013 fit will be better. Quality looks to be there in materials and construction but I don't have any time in them to comment on durability. I'm happy with the gear, enough to sell most of my Kuiu

Isn't kryptek made in China? :)
Jumping off the Kuiu bandwagon dotman!?