Kuhl pants

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a pair of renegades and really liking them should be good for hiking or even hunting in the archery season.
Did a search on here and don't here much about them. Surprised they're not more popular

Chuck44

FNG
I've got several pair of Renegade Shorts and Pants...it's I all I wear for outdoor/casual clothes...but I don't want to stain or tear them up hunting:) I have other Pants dedicated to that pursuit. I also prefer the older Renegades (lighter and more stretch) over the newer ones.

Last edited:
i have a few pairs. i had issues with one but they warrantied them. they are a good pant but there are quite a few early to mid season 2 and 4 way stretch pants out there for half the price today. Costco had UB techs, wallyworld had wrangler performance pants , Eddie B has a guide pant.

Jmac

FNG
Love my renegades. Normal and convertible. They clean up fine. Lol. C334C04E-2F3E-4634-A989-E857B3500BFD.jpeg

TBHasler

WKR
I Wear Kuhl Radikals to work about 3-4 days a week. They make legit clothing. I have a pair of their Klash hiking pants that are really water repellent and bombproof construction. They lean towards technical and mountaineering in design. Most of their heavier duty pants are too noisy for hunting IMO.
But, great stuff to wear for both casual and camping/hiking activities.

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
I've found the Revolr's to be lightweight enough for September elk hunting and durable for brush. I wish the legs were cut a little wider though. The Ryder's have all but replace my everyday jeans for work, better quality and longer lasting.

I own so many pairs of these pants I can’t keep them all straight. I own the renegades, the Guide Silencer, I even have the Destroyers which quite frankly are the best skiing pant on the planet. If you are a rifle hunter, you’re probably good wearing any of these pants. But if you are an archery hunter the Destroyer and the Renegade are noisy. The Silencer is less noisy but it’s still noisier than KUIU attack pants.

I live in the Southeast and I wear their lighter Konfidant Air and Kontra Air all the time. They’d be fine to hunt in too if you’re tree stand hunting but any type of spot and stalk, forget it. They are all too noisy minus the Silencer which are still noises than KUIU or Sitka.

I’m still on a quest to find the most durable quietest pants.

Tim B.

FNG
I got a pair of silencer pants this summer, been scouting every weekend in the midwest heat and humidity,

they have held up really well, they're light and dry quick and keep me cool,

They were a little noisy at first, but for the last 2 months I've been in the woods every Saturday and Sunday and they break in a quite down

I've only washed them once in that time and surprisingly they dont stink

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: XMP
I have several pairs, pretty much all but replaced jeans. Very comfortable, but haven't had them out in the hunting woods yet. Very good casual pants. Wear them for work and play. I still have my Prana's and Kuiu's so no real need to use these hunting. I'll have them along though so you never know.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Love my Kuhls. I like my Revolvrs for hiking. I also have the konfident air pants, they are very comfy.

I overall like the 'active' generous fit around the waist and thighs. Other popular pant brands tend to be too tight for me in this location.

Lschloss

FNG
Ive been looking at buying some Kuhl pants. After reading this thread sounds like i might have to finally pull the trigger!

scrizzy

FNG
Thrifted a pair a while back, they're great. Great construction. Only complaint is the inseam feels kinda long

RAPTOR

WKR
I wear the hell out of my Revolv'r pants, about 5 pairs. Ryd'r in the winter

Rokwiia

WKR
I've used two Kuhl Renegades as my go to hiking/backpacking pant for several years. In the last year, they've been replaced by Wrangler Flex Waist Outdoor Cargo. I can get three for the price of one and I like the zipper locations in the Wrangler much more than my Renegades. The Wrangler stretches as well if not better.

That said, the Renegades are lighter and seem to breath better. In the final analysis, while the Renegades are an excellent outdoor pant, I'll take the Wranglers.