Kuiu Dall Sheep Vid

JTHeaney

FNG

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider
It will not be the last sheep hunt in the Nahanni. Aboriginal people can hunt, fish and trap all they want in the area - forever. And it's not a sad story to be protecting our northern lands from development. This vid sure rubs me the wrong way.

I got bored and quit 5 min in. At that point it was just the usual twitchy filming of a lot of normal things and some whispering about sheep over the hill.

Did I miss something?

mddat

FNG
I got bored and quit 5 min in. At that point it was just the usual twitchy filming of a lot of normal things and some whispering about sheep over the hill.

Did I miss something?

Sounds like a kuiu hater! I thought it was good.

Did I miss something?

I fast forwarded through most of it just to the parts where there were sheep shown. Other than that, as you said, it was boring.

gelton

WKR
I just wish ALL of these hunting videos would use less orchestra music and would just let us hear the sights and sounds of nature. I think Corey Jacobsens new video on Elk 101 blows this one away. But again, less background music and more reality would be nice all the way around. It gets a little ridiculous. Its hardcore hunting not a night at the symphony.

Sounds like a kuiu hater! I thought it was good.

Not at all. I have no emotional feelings one way or the other re: KUIU or Jason. Maybe I just quit too soon and should go back and watch the the rest.

Generally though, I like the DIY type hunt stories more than that kind of hunt though. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't hunt in group settings myself, and it doesn't appeal to me to watch very often. For instance I know that JFKinYK who posted above me pulled off an epic two week DIY sheep hunt in the NWT last year, and I found his pics vastly more interesting too me. Also, I work, recreate, and hunt in similar terrain normally, so the scenery was ok, but not enough to suck me in I guess?

Maybe if I get a minute, I'll go back and see the rest. You guys do make it sound like like I missed something.

Yk

LostArra

WKR
It will not be the last sheep hunt in the Nahanni. Aboriginal people can hunt, fish and trap all they want in the area - forever. And it's not a sad story to be protecting our northern lands from development. This vid sure rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I misunderstood the "protection" (I didn't watch the whole video). The development protection sounds good but the hunting limitations to aboriginal people sounds sketchy to me.

WRO

WKR
Money says the first nations will be guiding on it soon..

TEmbry

WKR
What is the issue with the access and hunting rights?

Native preference will be given in a PC way to compensate for white guilt over happenings from centuries ago.... atleast that is how Alaska rolls. Not sure about BC.