Kuiu/First Lite Rain Gear

GSPMich

FNG
I am in need of some quality rain gear and was going to use Xmas and my January BDay to ask for some gift cards to help fund the purchase. Between myself and my Dad we have bought a ton of Kuiu and First Lite clothing over the last two seasons and have had great luck with it for a western elk hunt along with a lot of Michigan whitetail hunting.

I will be looking at these 2 companies for rain gear and wanted any feedback I can find. I own a lot of First LIte and a few Kuiu pieces, Dad has went almost all Kuiu in the last 2 seasons, both companies are great in my opinion. I don't have an allegiance to either.

If anyone could provide feedback, the sets I was considering were the Kuiu Yukon and Kutana(not the Gale Force) and the SEAK system from First Lite.

Thanks for any info provided.

I have the vapor from firstlite. It is very breathable, lightweight and packs down nicely but water starts seeping through in about 4-5 hours of heavy rain so i am also curious how much more waterproof the seak system is, if any?

I just spent a weekend in the kuiu chugach rain gear and was very happy with it. It was raining/snowing on and off all weekend and I stayed dry.

I'd be a little nervous in it if it was going to be raining non stop for a weekend but I think you could say that about any rain gear.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk