Kuiu gaiters

Rizzy

WKR
I have them pretty tight to help keep water and snow from seeping up underneath them. This puts that buckle fairly low and close to the ground, combine that with 8 inches of powder and you can't help but to be hitting rocks with them.

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
I had some problems with the buckles as well. One ended up broke and the other got bent around enough it wouldn't hold the strap. Rocky terrain is a problem for these gaiters. My straps also got tore up more than I expected for the small amount of time that I used the gaiters. I do like the material and the no-seam construction of the gaiter though.

This is why I really like the "no buckle" approach that Sitka uses. Some buckles are certainly better than others (and those look junky), but it's pretty hard beat just eliminating that failure point entirely. Drawback to the Sitka versions, is that the upper is made of pretty basic 3 layer gore-tex and it gets thrashed in the brush. I've got just over a year on my current set, and they are about done for. Albeit, I used them pretty hard.

Yk

Rizzy

WKR
I do plan to contact Kuiu to see what can be done. In the mean time I still like all other aspects of the gaiters so far and really need to use them until I'm done running my trap line next month. I have rigged them up with tie wraps for now and that gets me through most of the day.

jmez

WKR
I just got mine in the mail today. We'll see how they hold up. Those buckles definitely need to be better quality.

Rizzy

WKR
I finally contacted Kuiu and they sent me a return label. They will send me a new updated pair when they get them in stock. It sounds like they upgraded the buckle. Great customer service, it went a lot smoother than I though it would.

jmez

WKR
I put about thirty miles on mine mountain lion hunting. Mostly in rocky terrrain. Didn't have any issues, buckles and straps still look good. Love the gaiters, do a great job keeping snow out. So far so good here.

jmez

WKR
Hunting partner has a pair. Didn't like them and is going to replace them. Don't stay down very well. Kind of bulky on the fit as well.

Kuiu has the best gaiters on the market, the second best are the mountain hardware pinnacles, but they are more money and sizing is little werid

IMO

Lawnboi

WKR
I just cant figure out why the heck they would design a gaiter without at least a removable foot strap and buckle. To be able to chance them when they get chewed up

mtmiller

WKR
I am a fan of most of the KUIU line, but did have an issue with the gaitors. This was my second outing with them and the pop rivet snap broke.

Other than that, the fit was good and they performed well for water crossings during a couple summer backpack trips.

I can't comment further since that was the last time I used them and went back to my Sitka gaitors. I will probably use them again in the future, but until my Sitka's give up, I will stay with them.