Kuiu kutana vs attack

Kspence49

FNG
If you could only have one? Or is there a viable use case for both? Also have some Sitka mountain, timberline, and traverse pants, would the kuiu be redundant? I must say while I love my Sitka stuff kuiu definitely has the edge when it comes to solids hands down

IMO the Attacks are a nice middle ground pant. They are what I use before it gets cold enough for the Sitka Timberlines. I believe they’d be in a similar use case as the Sitka Mountain Pant. The Kutana will be much lighter than the Attack and I would save it for archery/early season.

fatlander

WKR
If you can only have one given what you already have, definitely the kutana.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll find yourself hating the lack of hip zips on the Sitka pants after putting the kuius to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say the attack and mountain pant are extremely similar in material and warmth wise. The traverse and kutana would be comparable for warmth but the kutana is much much more durable. If you have done a leg day in your life then kutana might not be the best option they fit like skinny jeans! or size up on them from my experiences. If youre a bow hunter/early season guy then I'd go with kutana but if you're rifle guy then attack. Once you use hip vents you will not want to go back! Kuiu hip vents are game changers compared to sitka, but first lite and SG hip vents are game changers compared to both of them.

OP
K

Kspence49

FNG
I would say the attack and mountain pant are extremely similar in material and warmth wise. The traverse and kutana would be comparable for warmth but the kutana is much much more durable. If you have done a leg day in your life then kutana might not be the best option they fit like skinny jeans! or size up on them from my experiences. If youre a bow hunter/early season guy then I'd go with kutana but if you're rifle guy then attack. Once you use hip vents you will not want to go back! Kuiu hip vents are game changers compared to sitka, but first lite and SG hip vents are game changers compared to both of them.
Yeah I was planning on sizing up in all their pants from what I read haha. I’m def intrigued by the hip vents, and while I do like my hunting clothes to double as backpacking clothes it sounds like the attacks might be the ones for me.

OP
K

Kspence49

FNG
IMO the Attacks are a nice middle ground pant. They are what I use before it gets cold enough for the Sitka Timberlines. I believe they’d be in a similar use case as the Sitka Mountain Pant. The Kutana will be much lighter than the Attack and I would save it for archery/early season.
Would the kutanas plus a base layer be close to the attacks?

Yeah I was planning on sizing up in all their pants from what I read haha. I’m def intrigued by the hip vents, and while I do like my hunting clothes to double as backpacking clothes it sounds like the attacks might be the ones for me.
Can't go wrong with either of them! Both great pants.

Firestone

WKR
Kutana are lighter, go to early archery pant. Attacks are a great all around pant though. I would buy both if you can, you will use them for sure

I have a couple pairs of both, always wearing the Kutana I even wear the solid colors to church lol. The Attack it has to be pretty chilly for me to wear, also the Kutana are way more durable in brush. All my Attack pants have snags and pulls from thorny brush by all my Kutana look brand new.
Edit: All my Attack pants also have blood stains and dirt stains whereas the Kutana seem to not absorb it. I always hit the blood with hydrogen peroxide on both.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I wear attacks every day around the house/office during the cooler months. Very comfy. They also are great for me for cold weather pheasant hunting. The Kutanas are lighter and tougher, and are my early-season archery (Pronghorn & WT) pant. If I could only have one, it would be the Kutanas.

I have a few pairs of both. I like both in my system. That said, if Im held at knifepoint to pick 1, Id go with the Kutanas. I could layer under them. Attacks are just entirely too warm for early season. I hunted with prana zions until they discontinued the originals and went to Kuiu. Now that the Zion originals are back, Id pick them over the attacks as well simply because you could wear them when its hot and layer under cold. I wouldnt wear the attacks over about 70 degrees. Below 70, they are easily my choice over the Kutana and Zions.

Gone4Days

WKR
Kutanas are sooooo much better than attacks IMO. More comfy, more durable, lighter, easier to clean….

The Kutana are lighter and much more durable. Hold up to tears and picking much better. I have no picks or tears in mine after wearing them all season in the whitetail woods. I’ve climbed trees, gone through briars, snagged on old fences. With the right base layer I can wear them from them from the 80’s into the 20’s. The Attacks are warmer. 70‘s are to warm for me to wear them. They are significantly quieter. But the pick really badly and are not difficult to tear. If I had to choose it would be Kutana. Both are very comfortable and have great features and function.

Mberline

FNG
As mentioned I don’t think you can go wrong with either but I find the kutanas to be my favorite pants I’ve ever owned. Light merino base layer when it gets colder.

Benjblt

WKR
Kutanas, no question. When Kuiu had a forum, I'd just started using their attacks. I went on the forum and criticized the attack for how easily it got picks and pulls from brush. I pleaded for a nylon or Zions style pant. It took them 3 or 4 years but they delivered. I love the kutanas. I have the Zions but the spandex in them make them stretch over time. I do think they may be even more durable to abrasion and ripping than the kutanas due to there stretch and give. The kutanas are durable though.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Benjblt

WKR