Kuiu Northstar Glomit vs Super Down Pro Glassing Mit

JohnnyB

WKR
Looking for any info on differences between the two glomits. It looks like the Northstars are a little heavier and possibly more waterproof? Are the Super Pro warmer? How is the Kuiu sizing on glomits if wearing a thin merino liner? Any info is much appreciated.

2muchhp

WKR
I have them. I don't glass, I use the pros in the treestand while rifle/bow hunting when really cold. They are not super durable, but very warm the Northstar are more durable and waterproof. The Northstar for me don't get used as much because they are not as packable. The pros can scrunch down really well. I wear a medium in kuiu gloves but sized up for a light liner and a little extra room is better.
I would say the run true to size

Super tag

WKR
I’m not sure about the Glomit, but have the pros, had for 3 seasons now, I love them, if your temps are below 15-20 degrees for longer periods your hands will get cold, mine have worn well, very light and packable.

wyosteve

WKR
I just got the Northstars and have had the super pros for a few years. I agree with what 2muchhp said.

ccarter

FNG
I have the North Stars, and agree that they're very warm, but not very packable. They're bulky in the pack, and I tend to leave them in camp a lot for that reason. If I were going to do it all over again, I'd go with the pros.