Kuiu or Sitka mid layer advice

bisblue

WKR
Hey folks,
I come from the outdoor world as a former climbing guide. I'm 6'3" 175 lbs and live in Central Idaho. Chasing elk with a stick bow is my favorite thing. I've got a fair bit of first lite stuff, and tons of non hunting outdoor clothing i usually end up wearing hunting. I was looking to try something in a mid layer similar to an R1 hoody, I have a first lite Klamath that's totally full of holes. What would folks recommend?
I like to keep things simple and mostly layer. Skin layer, mid, puffy, rain jacket or simple soft shell.
I've heard kuiu might fit well for a skinny tall guy. I'd love a merino blended with something for more durability.
Compress_20230414_083919_9404.jpg

Last edited:

Thejet

WKR
based just in sizing for someone with a longer torso Sitka makes tall sizes otherwise the mid layers from born primitive fit similar to a Sitka tall.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
based just in sizing for someone with a longer torso Sitka makes tall sizes otherwise the mid layers from born primitive fit similar to a Sitka tall.
Thanks, yeah a medium is usually a belly shirt for me and a large makes me feel like a coat hanger.🤣

LightFoot

WKR
I like the Kuiu Peloton 240 as a mid-layer. Kuiu is built for the tall and athletic it seems, so it should fit you perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bump79

WKR
I love the Kuiu 200 as a mid layer. 97 is really nice too but the 200 is a bit more durable.

Last edited:

K_pem

WKR
Have you seen the Kuiu Pro Merino? The jersey knit face definitely can pick up some abrasive foliage, but as a whole theyre fairly nice.

My all time favorite lightweight "mid layer" has got to be the Kuiu Peloton 97 though, stictly for warmth to weight ratio. Mines a few years old and going strong